I need lessons from a good instructor

cboisits

Hey guys! I'm at a point in my life where I need to devote myself entirely to guitar and strive to become great. I never seem to make significant progress. I am a good guitar player but I feel like I am stuck in a rut. I know that there are plenty of online resources out there but I am wondering if anyone knows of a really good website or instructor that will take me to the next level. Thank you in advance for your help.
Christian

Joel Hoekstra has been doing some skype lessons during the lockdown. I can vouch for him being not only an outstanding guitar player, but an outstanding person. Look him up and see if he is still doing that currently.

I sent you a message in a private conversation. I haven't used that feature before so I hope I did it correctly.

Last year during lockdown I was subscribed to Nick Johnston's Homework project. They helped me out a lot. So much that I purchased 2 stand alone packs that he has released: Intuition and Theory Primer. I should note that these are not your standard lesson packs. Nick talks about how he approaches harmony, technique, theory, songwriting, ect which I found very interesting and inspiring.
Also as @Wakester mentioned, Yannis Papadopoulos if you want something more professional and one on one. He's an amazing player and teacher.

I'm at a point in my life where I need to devote myself entirely to guitar

Advice from an old fart, discard at will.

- You never "need" to devote yourself entirely to anything. Life is what it can be due to the multitudes of emotions, experiences and directions it allows for. To go for one at the expense of all others can lead to success they will tell you. Usually also leads to a monochromatic type of life, where you missed out on the entire forest. Both valid choices, but.. no one "needs" to exclude everything but one.

- You most certainly never, ever, "need" to devote yourself to a musical instrument unless you have the experience, age and wisdom to grasp what lacking money really means. Not now, no no.. what lacking money really means when you're in your 40s and 50s. Trust you me, it's a glorious brand new experience. That you'd best do without. Unless you know, really know, that you're something special.
Wanting to devote time and effort is O.K, ambition's a good thing. "Needing".. speaks of other things.

- Leading at us to the final bit, "i am now at a point in my life". Maybe i'm overreading this, but i smell youth! Which is awesome mind you :)
If so, go nuts about it, but remember that some doors, you only close once. Invest your time wisely ^^
(you also don't need to ignore the old fart, i'll shut up now)

Best of luck to you ^^

hi, like you said, there are loads of resources on the net!
I see a lot of guitarist much more technical than me, I learned alone and I would not change this course, I practiced quite a lot everything that was important for me at various times of my life, and I am learning again! a chance!! so, to go to another level you have to have a goal and practice it !? it's cerebral, physical but there is the psychological side!
I have seen so many guitarists put up psychic barriers ... I won't be able to do that or if ... or. the more I practice the more I feel like I'm getting even more bad! .. so just keep that in mind, this is the only thing that took me a long time to figure out! and for me was my passage to another level! why a day is the best! and the next day is **** !? the only thing that changes is the state of mind .. just my opinion and a good way to practice my english! good luck in your quest!

Back