I LOVE it when things work out!!!

Bastages!!!
LOL, I forgot you weren't here when I told that story. It's actually pretty funny although I wasn't amused at the time. And better yet, they made one of my good friends (who recruited me to the band) do the deed. Here's a teaser though... a year later, they recruited me back. If you're now interested, I'll tell you about it sometime.

LOL, I forgot you weren't here when I told that story. It's actually pretty funny although I wasn't amused at the time. And better yet, they made one of my good friends (who recruited me to the band) do the deed. Here's a teaser though... a year later, they recruited me back. If you're now interested, I'll tell you about it sometime.

I'm interested.

Well dang, I spoke too soon. First week was great, second week felt a bit awkward. After the novelty wore off, it hit me that 75% of the setlist was straight 12-bar songs. Found myself getting bored...and the other guitarist kept wanting me to play with nothing but a completely clean tone on everything but the solos. He sent me a text on Monday that they want to try a keyboard player this week, but then want me back next week if I can work on keeping my tone cleaner. I'm on a Vela, volume knob on 4, into the clean channel of a VHT D-50 with master and preamp set low...it's clean. Hell, it's TOO clean for me, I like just a touch of hair on my clean tone to make it sparkle 'round the edges.

So, I debated for a couple days, and decided last night to back out. Back to Craigslist, will find the right fit eventually...

Well dang, I spoke too soon. First week was great, second week felt a bit awkward. After the novelty wore off, it hit me that 75% of the setlist was straight 12-bar songs. Found myself getting bored...and the other guitarist kept wanting me to play with nothing but a completely clean tone on everything but the solos. He sent me a text on Monday that they want to try a keyboard player this week, but then want me back next week if I can work on keeping my tone cleaner. I'm on a Vela, volume knob on 4, into the clean channel of a VHT D-50 with master and preamp set low...it's clean. Hell, it's TOO clean for me, I like just a touch of hair on my clean tone to make it sparkle 'round the edges.

So, I debated for a couple days, and decided last night to back out. Back to Craigslist, will find the right fit eventually...
That sucks

I have two similar stories. One of them is very close to yours. The second is one where I was the friend that was chosen to deliver the news.

Back