I LOVE it when things work out!!!

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
So, if you pay any attention to my threads, you may remember that I had an audition last week. They said they wanted me, I wasn't so sure about them...but I REALLY want to be playing with a group, that's what motivates me to make progress. However, their singer isn't the best at staying in key, and they're generally just looser than I'd prefer. However, they were available...but the other guitarist emailed me 2 days after and said "three of us really want you, but the bass player is insisting we should audition a couple more guys to be sure". Fine. The bass player was the one player that made me want to go back. But, not out of the running.

Back to Craigslist I went anyway, because i did want a better fit. Found another ad, looking for a rhythm guitarist or keyboard player. Reached out, turns out they're more up my alley anyway - Allman Brothers, Black Crowes, Gov't Mule, and just jamming on tunes and making them their own. Sounded great, reached out, decided to head out tonight. I was sure to mention that I am indeed primarily a rhythm player, but am not opposed to an occasional lead if it's improvised. It all sounded good. They sent me a couple songs, the only one I already knew was "One Way Out" by the Allman Brothers. I said I could learn some more, and got the response "we jam, don't bother learning just wing it.

I like that attitude. I said I'll be there.

Showed up tonight. Got set up, and right as I finished they launched into "Circles" by JJ Grey. It was one of the songs listed, but I'd never even heard it before...still, looked at the other guitarist's fingers and joined right in quickly. Got to a break for a solo, singer looks at me and says "take it Kyle". I have a second where I think "didn't I tell them I'm a rhythm player" before I thought "screw it" - and I decided I could rise to the occasion. If I do say so myself, I tore it up.

We started playing at 7:10 and finished at 9:55, no breaks. They'd call songs and give me a quick rundown of chords. I called a few and gave them a quick rundown. I ended up doing extended solos in every freaking thing we played.

I am tired. I lost about 37 pounds in sweat. My fingers hurt. And I had MORE FREAKING FUN than I have had in for-freaking ever. They want me back next week and I can't wait. SO MUCH FUN!!!!

I emailed the guys from last week with a "thanks but no thanks". I have found my band :D.

That's great news! There nothing like that feeling after a great rehearsal. Its feels like something was accomplished and affirms your love of music and playing it. Especially when someone else makes you stretch beyond your normal realm.

You deserve some good jamming. This band going to play out? Do some gigs?

That's great news! There nothing like that feeling after a great rehearsal. Its feels like something was accomplished and affirms your love of music and playing it. Especially when someone else makes you stretch beyond your normal realm.

You deserve some good jamming. This band going to play out? Do some gigs?

They don't do bar gigs, but they do party gigs.

Agree. When i was playing with a band I loved going to practice! We had SO much fun!!!! It was a blast, and I’d leave there high on life.

Until they kicked me out! :mad::p:p:p

Back