I just picked up a hot blonde and brought her home with me. (New PRS Guitar Day)

HANGAR18

Who is John Galt?
I just picked up a hot blonde and brought her home with me. The best part is that the wife already knows and approves.
tongue.png

PRS_SwampAshStudio_1698.jpg

PRS_SwampAshStudio_1693.jpg

PRS_SwampAshStudio1696.jpg

(2011) PRS Swamp Ash Studio.

The main reason I wanted one of these "Studio" model guitars is so that I could get a very different sort of tone than I would get out of my traditional double humbucker guitars. As you can see, the Swamp Ash looks very nice. They did a nice job with the book matching. The flame Maple neck was an added bonus and I would have been happy with a plain Maple neck. It does have a Tremolo bridge; I just forgot to attach the arm for the photo. Two tone bird inlay instead of moons (dots). Really nice machine heads with locking tuners. One tone and one volume. The tone knob is a push/pull which cuts only the full size bridge pickup in half. The two Narrowfield pickups can not be cut or tapped. The 5-way pickup selector gives you the options of 1. bridge only, 2. bridge + middle, 3. middle only, 4. middle + neck, 5. neck only.

I like it! Very different tonal options than my other guitars. Mission accomplished.

Congrats. That neck has the best flame I've seen on one of those.

That is one gorgeous plank of maple! Love the contrast between the headstock and body

Back