I have 2 identical PRS S2s, same year with different frets....

Russ73

I love my S2 and I have 2 Standard 22 from 2016, one is a Satin and the other is a regular model with a finish but otherwise same guitar and they have different frets, the finished guitar has wider frets both tall, the only thing I can think of is that one was bought from sweetwater and the other from Daves so maybe the one from Daves was some kind or proto type thing they sell sometimes?? I love them both and kinda like that they feel different under the fingers but was curious if this is normal from PRS?

I don't think it is normal, but I know where you're coming from. I have a 2006 Cu22 that I swear has smaller frets than any other PRS I have/had. I bought it in 2012, so I suppose it's possible someone had it re-fretted, but I don't think that happened.

Well, the S2 Standard 22 Satin had a separate listing in the product catalog from the "normal" S2 Standard 22, and a $250 MAP price difference. So perhaps the "satin" version, which did not have birds as an option ($120 MAP upcharge for regular Std 22), was indeed a different, less expensive, build, and used different fret wire.

Incidentally, the satin finish is a finish, just as the gloss finish is a finish. It’s just not a shiny finish. Satin finish guitars aren’t unfinished.

Back