I guess I need to buy an amp for my PRS guitars.

Here it comes out of left field, Sergio. My main amp is a Tech 21 Trademark 30. It gets a huge number of different sounds, and has a line out when I need big volume. It's transistor analog and has never given me any problems whatsoever. I put it on a chair for the smaller gigs, and it's plenty loud enough. It does, rock, metal, blues, jazz, reggae, and has a real reverb. It weighs in at about 15 pounds, and has a shoulder strap gig bag that's is just plain awesome. Check out the sound samples at www.tech21nyc.com. I like it so much that I have a Trademark 60 w 1/12 & a Trademark 60 w 4/10's, which is my desert island amp (44 lbs). Oh yes, they're inexpensive, and American made. Their service is excellent. A stage hand knocked out my 4/10 at a theater gig, and it got fixed cheaply and fast. They'll handle any pedal nicely. I found out about them from a recording engineer, and have gotten rid of all my other amps.

I wont do it.

Don't worry too much Tony, I've been lookin' for a CE with a natural colored top.... So I can, you know.. do something to it.:flute:

Here it comes out of left field, Sergio. My main amp is a Tech 21 Trademark 30.

Not left field at all... I love the Tech 21 amps! There was an ad for a Trademark 60 'round here that I snoozed on and was gone a day later..

Man, so I got that Mustang III amp last night. I traded a buddy my Boss GT6 for it, talk about a cool little amp... in theory.

I'm slightly underwhelmed with the amp, I am a HUGE fan of the Cyber Deluxe amp and thought that this would be leaps and bounds better than it with all the positive press about this amp. I haven't done the whole Fuse software thing with it yet, but I am not diggin' any of the clean tones from this amp. My first impression is that Fender really nailed the in-between/subtle breaking up kinda tones that are hard for modelers to achieve... but the clean "tweed" setting on my Cyber is totally not in the Mustang, and it kinda takes me by surprise.

Nice!
You'll have to sign up for a Fuse account and we can share some presets. I've built a few that I am pretty impressed with if I do say so myself.

Yo Jon! I'm having a hell of a time tryin' to get a decent clean tone out of this thing.... I have it sittin' right next to my H&K amp and my Cyber Deluxe and it just sounds anemic compared to the two. Hit me up with your Fuse account and if anybody else has any experience with these Mustang III amps please chime in, I gotta be doing something wrong 'cause everything sounds mildly distorted unless I turn the gain all the way off.

Yo Jon! I'm having a hell of a time tryin' to get a decent clean tone out of this thing.... I have it sittin' right next to my H&K amp and my Cyber Deluxe and it just sounds anemic compared to the two. Hit me up with your Fuse account and if anybody else has any experience with these Mustang III amps please chime in, I gotta be doing something wrong 'cause everything sounds mildly distorted unless I turn the gain all the way off.

Search Fuse for my username Hopeful Sinner. I can't remember if I have uploaded many Clean tones but I will log on tonight and try to put some of my good ones up.

For what it's worth, it took deep editing in Fuse to get real "usable" tones with the cab simulation, tube sag, noise gate and master volumes etc...

I guess I'll just have to keep trying!

I wonder how much difference running through a 412 cab is making with mine? I'm getting fairly rich, full tones.

What kinda tone are you looking for and I'll upload a few tonight and message you or something? Sparkly, twangy, dry, heavily modulated etc...?

I wonder how much difference running through a 412 cab is making with mine? I'm getting fairly rich, full tones.

What kinda tone are you looking for and I'll upload a few tonight and message you or something? Sparkly, twangy, dry, heavily modulated etc...?

I'm getting kinda close with the Bassman model, but I'm a bit surprised at how much gain there is on most of the models. If I turn the gain all the way down (or off) then there's little room to turn this thing up. I'm mostly looking for a VERY clean funk kinda tone, I would've thought the Twin or Deluxe models would have a little more "cleanliness" to 'em. I'm not worried about effects except for a little spring reverb.

I'm getting kinda close with the Bassman model, but I'm a bit surprised at how much gain there is on most of the models. If I turn the gain all the way down (or off) then there's little room to turn this thing up. I'm mostly looking for a VERY clean funk kinda tone, I would've thought the Twin or Deluxe models would have a little more "cleanliness" to 'em. I'm not worried about effects except for a little spring reverb.

Try this one..

Hopeful Sinner Clean Twin

Back