It took me 30 years, but I finally found the perfect amp for my '92 PRS Custom 24

screaming_head64

Hello all, new here. I first bought the HDRX 20 head to play through my other cabs. Didn't really gel until I bought the matching 1 x 12 cab with V-type Celestion. Now, it's perfect. PRS knocked it out of the park with this one and all at a very reasonable price. Love it and I don't miss not having an effects loop either. Everything sounds great straight through the front. I started playing in the early 80s through Marshalls, never had effects loop in them either. This is really the best sounding tube amp I've owned in 40 years.

cjmok50q6r2a1.jpg

Early to mid 90’s had some damn fine figured tops.
Back in 1992, my local dealer just started selling some PRS guitars. I barely even knew about the company at that time and walked into the shop and this beauty was hanging in front. I took it down, hit an open G chord and handed the shop owner my wallet. it's still one of the best guitars I've ever owned.

Congrats! I know so little about amps and cabs. And the thought of buying one to find out I don't like it makes me a mite nervous. So, I continue using my Kemper and Boss Katana MK II Artist. Although everyone says "ya gotta have a tube amp".

Great looking rig. Congrats! I didn't want to like the V-Type. Stupid reasons, least expensive, small magnet. Ends up it is my favorite speaker for my two most played amps.

Back