I can't find the locking tuner thread for the S2 594s..

Russ73

My high E string keeps slipping off the post..not sure if theyres a better way to string it or if I should just put locking tuners on it?? It was pricey for me so I don't want to put too much more into it at this time but I'd like to be able to play and record with it ASAP!! Thx

Phase III are a direct drop in. You're going to have the footprint of the Vintage tuner on the back of the headstock because of the soft nitro. So, beware if that is something that will bother you. PRS also has Vintage Style locking tuners that are the same as the non-locking Vintage tuners. Last time I checked, the PRS Store didn't have any, but John Mann's Guitar Vault did. I put a set on the Joe Walsh Ltd 594. Pics below for the nitro footprint with the PIII and a shot of the Vintage tuners on the JW Ltd.

NEFRdUM.jpg

VBvFWEr.jpg

UWMwDdG.jpg

If your string is slipping they need to be wrapped on the post to lock into place or use lockers. A quick Google will pull up several videos and information on how to wrap strings.

How do you wrap? Seems silly but try the “PRS” method that comes standard with a new guitar. You’ll find a YouTube video of Skitchy doing it. Works great. I actually really like these tuners for their stability.

if you are to change the tuners: the PRS locking ones John sells will retain the vintage look…but I say the Kluson Revolutions are excellent. I put them in my Zach myers (same footprint).

Back