I apologize in advance....

That being said, it is necessary to upload images one at a time; there are no options for bulk uploads.

That’s not entirely true. You can select a number of photos to upload at once, but they’ll be lumped together in a kind of submenu, which can be kinda handy if you’re into organization.

That’s not entirely true. You can select a number of photos to upload at once, but they’ll be lumped together in a kind of submenu, which can be kinda handy if you’re into organization.

This is news to me. I've personally not tried uploading bulk images myself, and only tried single images, one at a time.

Is there some YT vid that might describe a DIY? Thanks in advance, and am always willing to learn about something new. Just don't show me too many tricks, tips, or shortcuts. Even good students are required to show their work, and not the shortcut...

I opened an Imgur acct, but it won't allow me to drag photos onto my page. I click on either "Add Images" to my home page or to an album I've created (which it allowed) but won't let me drag photos over. What am I doing wrong?

I told you I need simple. :oops:

I opened an Imgur acct, but it won't allow me to drag photos onto my page. I click on either "Add Images" to my home page or to an album I've created (which it allowed) but won't let me drag photos over. What am I doing wrong?

I told you I need simple. :oops:

Ok, I made a painstakingly slow and simplified version of what I do w/ Imgur. I use it for all my forums that don't store images for me, and it works. Others may be able to improve this process, but it works for me and it goes like this:

After I log in, I click on "Images" in the top right:
ogZgwPU.gif

Then I click "Add Images"
6Z8FUIE.gif

I then click and drag the image I want into the window that pops up:
jbNeEqZ.gif

Then I open the file that I just uploaded by clicking the pencil icon and hitting Edit:
6sL3gxb.gif

When that window opens, I can crop it or resize, and save:

k1eH7d0.gif

Last, I click on the image after the save, and copy the "Direct Link" URL:

jsq5eeE.gif

Then I come over here and post it as an image, just like you're used to doing with photobucket, and you end up w/your masterpiece posted for the world!!
6g1aa2M.jpg

Ok, I made a painstakingly slow and simplified version of what I do w/ Imgur. I use it for all my forums that don't store images for me, and it works. Others may be able to improve this process, but it works for me and it goes like this:

After I log in, I click on "Images" in the top right:
ogZgwPU.gif

Then I click "Add Images"
6Z8FUIE.gif

I then click and drag the image I want into the window that pops up:
jbNeEqZ.gif

Then I open the file that I just uploaded by clicking the pencil icon and hitting Edit:
6sL3gxb.gif

When that window opens, I can crop it or resize, and save:

k1eH7d0.gif

Last, I click on the image after the save, and copy the "Direct Link" URL:

jsq5eeE.gif

Then I come over here and post it as an image, just like you're used to doing with photobucket, and you end up w/your masterpiece posted for the world!!
6g1aa2M.jpg

I played around with it a bit (I have posted in 3 different threads at this point). It will allow me to "browse" and add, but will not allow me to "drag" and add. Don't know why.

Thanks for your help!

I played around with it a bit (I have posted in 3 different threads at this point). It will allow me to "browse" and add, but will not allow me to "drag" and add. Don't know why.

Thanks for your help!

Using Windows or Mac? What version OS? No issues with Mac, IIRC...

Last edited:

Thanks for your help!

Which browser? I'm using Chrome.

Been using flickr since PB starting asking for ransom. Works quite well.

Imgur here as well. Its a shame what Photo Bucket did to so many tech and repair articles. I despise Photo Bucket!

I tried imgur. Didn't like it. Switched to imgbb and I liked it better. I'm not sure if it has good editing as I do it before uploading.

Imgur seems to be working for me, except when I opened it this morning my images were still there, but disappeared from most of the albums I set up? Strange.

Imgur seems to be working for me, except when I opened it this morning my images were still there, but disappeared from most of the albums I set up? Strange.

I've never played w/the albums, so I can't help.

I use Imgur. I'm not quite sure why you are having the issues you are having.

You can add the images back to your albums, fortunately.

Sometimes Imgur will use a pop up or similar to make sure you aren't a robot. Maybe that's part of your issue, if you have pop-ups blocked?

I use albums, rather than a "post" for each photo; a bulk drag-and-drop (or multiple photo selection if using mobile) of photos automatically creates a new album when you create a new post, or you can add images to an existing album in bulk too. By default my posts/albums are hidden, so that makes it easier - you can't edit images in a public post or some other similar restriction (can't remember right now, obviously).

The mobile app has improved over the last couple years - it used to be really lousy, but is almost as useful as the desktop version.

Back