I’m torn

I would part with the CE.
A classic single coil strat? Especially a custom shop level? I would not part with that. I don’t care how great a split coil sound is…it will never be single coil/strat like.

I vote get a 594 and keep that Strat; sell the CE. If you want you can compromise and get a s2 594 and install some PAF pickups…and keep what you already have. Saves you thousands.

On the 88 cu24? It's ongoing. It is being picked up by ParcelForce tomorrow. I have been in regular contact with the High Value Claims Team from Ebay and they say it is cut and dry in so much that under buyer protection the guitar did not match the description due to the non disclosure of the break in the neck and the strong evidence that the neck has been poorly reset and the seller has 48 to fully refund and if not eBay will.

The seller has threatened me if the guitar is not returned in the same condition in which it was supplied! Sadly it is not as the amateur refinishing job on the back of the neck on top of the original finish was being taken off with light pressure from my thumbnail! I am not willing to make bad the shoddy work and I am confident that it constitutes fair testing. I have carefully documented it in photographs and by video.

If you look at my other videos I have documented more of the damage / "modification" of the trem!!!

eBay's stance is that if they consider that the guitar has been devalued they will compensate him under seller protection. They have seen the videos and the photographs in the message chain

All in all it has been quite an ordeal. The seller booked collection before I had taken delivery of the shipping box, accused me of sanding the neck and defacing the guitar!!!

Yeah if you look at his feedback on eBay, he’s buying from Rothko & Frost and other suppliers of re-finishing products.

This dude is doing amateur luthiery “badly” by the looks of it. Grrrr.

Yeah if you look at his feedback on eBay, he’s buying from Rothko & Frost and other suppliers of re-finishing products.

This dude is doing amateur luthiery “badly” by the looks of it. Grrrr.
There is a hell of a lot going on with the guitar that is for sure the, Stuff i had not even mentioned like he neck appears to be twisted as well as there is more relief on the high e than the low, real dodgy filing of high frets without removing the filing marks and I could go on and on.

I have a gut feeling he will try it on with me but I am ready for that. I also have a hunch that the guitar will be offered for sale again in the not too distant future.

I would part with the CE.
A classic single coil strat? Especially a custom shop level? I would not part with that. I don’t care how great a split coil sound is…it will never be single coil/strat like.

I vote get a 594 and keep that Strat; sell the CE. If you want you can compromise and get a s2 594 and install some PAF pickups…and keep what you already have. Saves you thousands.
is the quality of hte s2 594 on par wiht the core?

the pickups and electronics are superior on the core. But wood wise and feel it’s practically the same. The flame is best on the core, but if you prefer opaque finishes this a moot point. Both have nitro finishes nowadays. Same tuners and bridge. Different carves on the front. I’m one of the few that prefer the s2 carve.

Back