HXDA Don't Care!

László

Too Many Notes
HXDA don't care.

Set up me pedalboard for Mr. DG30. Thinking to reset everything for HXDA.

But HXDA, he don't care.

He just rip it up! Rock steady!

Mr. DG...maybe more picky.

Last edited:
Ok, that's cool. It's tough to balance the pedalboard, for me, to bounce between amps. Now you can use an amp switcher (ToneBone type thing) and mix up rigs in a simple toe tap. :top:

Ok, that's cool. It's tough to balance the pedalboard, for me, to bounce between amps. Now you can use an amp switcher (ToneBone type thing) and mix up rigs in a simple toe tap. :top:

That's my plan!

So...when are you getting the amp switcher setup? I'm gettin' antsy here! :biggrin:

So...when are you getting the amp switcher setup? I'm gettin' antsy here! :biggrin:

As soon as I get the DG cab, I'll put a Fulltone ABY on the pedalboard. It has the features I need, and the buffer on it is very good sounding, plus you can switch the buffer in or out.

It also has ground lift switches, phase switches, and some other doodads, like fully electronic switching (no pops).

However, don't hold your breath, the cab is still a number of weeks away.

The Management here claims to have other priorities. Like, oh, food, shelter, etc.

...other priorities. Like, oh, food, shelter, etc.
Those are over rated. :biggrin:
Watch the used gear lists, especially at Guitar Center. I've found several nice examples for a pretty good discount recently.

Those are over rated. :biggrin:
Watch the used gear lists, especially at Guitar Center. I've found several nice examples for a pretty good discount recently.

I already have one being held for me at my dealer. It's a done deal. Matching DG cab.

I hope you didn't have any plans 'cause I'm guessing you'll be locked in the studio for a couple of days. Just schedule pizza delivery on a 4 hour cycle. I also recommend a keg of Sun King Wee Mac.

Most cool, and await the NCD announcement. :cool:

I hope you didn't have any plans 'cause I'm guessing you'll be locked in the studio for a couple of days. Just schedule pizza delivery on a 4 hour cycle. I also recommend a keg of Sun King Wee Mac.

Most cool, and await the NCD announcement. :cool:

:laugh:

I will be locked in the studio this weekend and next week for a project for a car manufacturer. I wish I had the cab -- and the pizzas!!

Oh, the beer. Yeah, that, too. One sip of beer and I'm too drunk to work. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing...

Last edited:
Hey Les, I know this is your second HXDA, did you get any custom options on this one or is it stock?

Bone stock, sir.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Seriously, I have no need of any options. The amp is perfect for me as-is. I'm very, very old, thus very old-school!

One of my best friends always tells me that I keep alive traditions that died before I was born. Which puts me somewhere in the 12th Century AD. ;)

Last edited:
As soon as I get the DG cab, I'll put a Fulltone ABY on the pedalboard. It has the features I need, and the buffer on it is very good sounding, plus you can switch the buffer in or out.

It also has ground lift switches, phase switches, and some other doodads, like fully electronic switching (no pops).

However, don't hold your breath, the cab is still a number of weeks away.

The Management here claims to have other priorities. Like, oh, food, shelter, etc.

Funny a lot people mixing the DG with a second amp - No gain enough on the DG or sonicaly is just your taste to have the HXDA for the overdrive.

Funny a lot people mixing the DG with a second amp - No gain enough on the DG or sonicaly is just your taste to have the HXDA for the overdrive.

I had the HXDA first. I got the DG just to have a little variety. The DG can get as gainy as I need, and it's good with pedals, but it's a different sounding gain, with a different texture. And one amp is punchy, the DG, while the other is smooth and compressed, the HXDA. Each requires a somewhat different approach on the instrument.

I could get away with only using the HXDA, or only using the DG30. The DG forces me to think a little differently, and that prevents me getting into too much of a rut. Anything that inspires me in a new direction sometimes helps when I'm writing guitar parts.

I create music for TV commercials and soundtracks for TV documentaries, etc. It's useful to have two different amps for layering, for different musical styles, etc., too.

And let's not discount the fun factor. ;)

Last edited:
Back