How well do the SE EG's compare with early 90's EG's?

dwrockdoctor

Hi guys,

I am definitely back on the PRS train after getting back my original CE24 last year and then buying two project CE24 body/neck combos early this year on ebay and putting together them together and I have gotten so used to the PRS feel and quality that going back to my strats feels somewhat cumbersome but at heart, I am a strat guy...

Which brings me to the EG series. To EG owners reading this, is it basically like having the PRS feel and quality but having the sounds and tones of a strat? I especially like the EGII that came last in the series.

Only problem is these don't pop up for sale a lot and even less so in Australia which brings me to my next question. How do the SE EG's compare to the original EG series for feel and quality? And more importantly, does the mahogany and set neck construction pull them even further away from the strat land I'm hoping to get closer to with that beloved PRS feel?

Would love to hear from members who own both era of EG's and are also familiar with strats also :)

Back