How many of you are exclusive PRS players?

Huggy Love

Vintage member
Got this idea from another thread, How many of you are like me. So used to playing PRS that other guitars like bolt-on strat's & tele's, weigh a ton LP's & other Gretsch-ish type axes feel so foreign that I'll pick one up but will put it down within 5-10 mins because it's just not that enjoyable. I guess I can admit to some snobbery, I don't even like SE's & S2's, but I've never met a USA core model that I didn't like.

Some guys can pick up anything and kick-azz, shred on a pink Daisyrock and still make it sound good, I'm not one of them. Wrong axe, wrong amp, and I sound like doo doo. People still say I sound good, but to my ears, if I'm out of my element I'm a little shaky and don't really connect with the guitar or the music.

What kinda cat are you?

Can't say that I'm exclusive, but in terms of actual playing time, the rest account for a small fraction.

Only my Larrivee acoustic is non-PRS. Well, I have an F bass too, but I'm not a bass player, so I don't count that. One day I hope to swing a Tonare Grand. I'd like a PRS bass as well. I do share the sentiment that nothing but a PRS feels right in my hands.

I have other guitars but I ONLY gig with my PRS guitars. It's been a CE smack down lately. I love my Ce22 and since getting my ce24 back from PTC I can't stop playing it. I haven't gigged with either of my customs for months

I'm all in!!!

I have others and I'm keeping them. But the PRSi get most of the playing time. I do like the feel better and I'm big on PRS tone (I have PRS amps too), but there are times when I need the twang of a Strat and a Fender amp. There are times when I need the bottom end of a LP (though mine's a Heritage), but 90% of the time I'm on PRS squared (guitar * amp).

Jumped out of the frying and into the fire back in '09. I'm solid on the electric side with acoustic being more variable.

Playing time has been heavily biased to PRS for about 20 years, but I do like the other stuff I have: Les Paul, tele, Strat, Thorn and some acoustic variety not available from PRS.

Not exclusive at all. Own and play a lot of different guitar models. I rotate guitars every few days so they all get played. ENJOY!!!

All in here guitar-wise...and just recently swapped a few "other" basses for a couple GG5's...Gary really can play any type of music...and his basses are impressing the crap outta me.

Electrics yes but acoustics no. I've got a Cole Clark which is great, and I'd love to be "all-in" but can't justify a PRS acoustic (especially considering how much time I play acoustic i.e. very little).

Maybe one day I'll find a nice PRS acoustic with Tasmanian Blackwood back and sides on the 2nd hand market (and when the Aussie dollar is doing better that it is right now).

I did try a SE acoustic but didn't bond with it, didn't like the plastic binding nor the tone, but that's just my taste.

Yes please.

item_20141219apactb_2

item_20141219apactb_3

I am about 80% PRS. The other 20% belongs to"F". Looking for a PRS that can replace "F" ATM. I am like others, if I don't hear the tone I am looking for I just can't get it going (at least to me).

Last edited:
I hardly ever play the SG or the Fernandes anymore, as I leave my SE Santana out full time now to noodle on during the week until I drag out a few more.

The exclusive wall with the other two hanging out on the other wall

10.jpg

And one more PRS but no room on the main wall for it with the others all out

3.jpg
7.jpg

Back