How many of you are exclusive PRS players?

I play PRS predominately most of the time. But I can never be an exclusive player. I love guitars from all different brands, and can never be tied down. But if I HAD to choose one brand it would be PRS no doubt.

I enjoy my PRS guitars, they represent the majority of my collection buy I do have a number of other small builder guitars which I like also.

I have had many guitars in my life (mostly Gibsons and Fenders) and I was always ping-ponging back and forth between my beloved LP Studio Platinum and my beat to hell Fender Stratocaster and I just couldn't decide on which one suited me best. The day that I got my PRS DGT, however, was when everything had changed. The weight was always a problem with my LP (duh) and the Strat always felt strange to play (mainly the neck) since I have been playing the LP for many years and I just couldn't stick with one guitar for too long. The DGT just felt right to me. The sound is just amazing from chimey tapped cleans to down and dirty distortion, it just feels like the DGT was the one that was made just for me and could easily tackle any kind of musical style and to me, that was the deal clincher. A lot of my friends always gave me crap for being a "gear whore" and not sticking to one particular guitar for too long. Even though I still feel a bit guilty for not playing my LP as much as I once did, when I sling on and plug in my DGT, that guilt goes away pretty quickly. While I would love to be "exclusive" to PRS, it took me forever to save up for just the one and until the day I win the lottery or when my daughter becomes a famous artist who buys her old dad a mansion with a basement studio filled with PRS guitars, I will have to be content to cherish the one I have and know that if I need a backup or just feel like a change of pace, my other old guitars are still available.

The DGT just felt right to me. The sound is just amazing from chimey tapped cleans to down and dirty distortion, it just feels like the DGT was the one that was made just for me and could easily tackle any kind of musical style and to me, that was the deal clincher. A lot of my friends always gave me crap for being a "gear whore" and not sticking to one particular guitar for too long. Even though I still feel a bit guilty for not playing my LP as much as I once did, when I sling on and plug in my DGT, that guilt goes away pretty quickly.

See, guys from Detroit know their stuff. ;)

Back