How many of you are exclusive PRS players?

I hardly ever play the SG or the Fernandes anymore, as I leave my SE Santana out full time now to noodle on during the week until I drag out a few more.

The exclusive wall with the other two hanging out on the other wall

10.jpg

And one more PRS but no room on the main wall for it with the others all out

3.jpg
7.jpg

Wow, a flat screen, miniature PRSi & shag carpet too?...... now that's a serious man cave :adore:

Last edited:
I love to play as many other types of guitars as possible. I'm always playing friends guitars. but PRS are my favourite and all the guitars that are top of my list to buy next are PRS.

I play Fender, Gibson, ESP,(old) Kramer, Ibanez,.. in fact I don't gig with my PRSi.
I almost exclusively play Strats for live concerts.

2 Fender Strats
1 Fender Classical
1 Yamaha Electric
1 Yamaha Acoustic
1 Dean Bass (Terrible Instrument but ok for recording simple bass lines)

1 PRS SE Bernie Marsden

Have also owned an SE Custom 24 and SE Soapbar Maple II. Will. Ertainly add more PRS to my stable but It'll never be exclusive unless PRS come out with a killer single coil guitar.

The Bernie and the Seymour Duncan SSL1 / SSL5 equipped Strat are the two best guitars I own and have owned. I'd have to spend a serious amount of money to beat them and chances are it'd go in PRS's direction.

I used to be exclusive however things and tastes have changed. I now play my Esp Ltd iron cross, Esp Ltd Mh2015 (anniversary model) , Ibanez 2550 z prestige . Just a different feel however my number one is still my core cu24 and the DGT gets ample playing time as well....

What I own and what I play are two different things! I haven't gigged a non-PRS in probably 5 years. Not a big G fan due to their quality issues. I do like strats a lot, especially in feel, but I just find humbucker tones a lot more versatile and forgiving, so my PRSi end up getting the play time. I have a Strat that desperately needs a refret, actually a very good sounding and playing guitar, but I usually end up buying pedals or something rather than getting the fret work done. Also picked up a super cool old school Epi LP DC w/P90's, a fun axe but the neck joint is flimsy, which makes intonation spotty. The Mira X I just picked up beats it hands down in tone, weight, intonation, playability, you name it. Need to replace my Fender acoustic with an SE Angelus Custom as well.

Not exclusive, but I do play my PRS' the vast majority of the time (maybe 80%). The other 20% is primarily my SG, and occasionally the LP just because I feel guilty for not touching it in months.

desperately needs a refret, actually a very good sounding and playing guitar, but I usually end up buying pedals or something rather than getting the fret work done.

I recently had my HB refretted, if it's as nice as you say, get it done, you won't regret it. The only weird thing is that it will play like a brand new axe but you don't have a new guitar to look at.

Not exclusive, but in the 6 months since I got my first PRS, it has gotten played the vast majority of the time, the past 2 weeks since I added my second PRS, I've barely touched any other guitars (I have 21 other very nice instruments). I just made myself play one of my Strats, it's still great, but it's not a PRS. I'll see how I feel when the honeymoon's over, but it could be a very long honeymoon.

Tom

Yes exclusive, considering PRS does not yet make a full bodied (meaning 17" single pup) jazz archtop. Other than that, all PRS, all the time.

I love Gibson flying v,Fender stratocaster and PRS McCarthy platform,in my case a DGT.

Yes exclusive, considering PRS does not yet make a full bodied (meaning 17" single pup) jazz archtop. Other than that, all PRS, all the time.
Audie, I'd take that axe on your avatar over any big ol' jazz box. I've got one, looks cool, sounds great, but not that fun to play.

Back