How low should strings be?? Prs Bernie Marsden

Discussion in 'PTC - PRS Tech Center' started by Gary Thompson, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson New Member

Hi all. My Bernie Marsden SE has came back from prs after warrenty work on bridge as in earlier post.
    Still no way this is how it should play. I mean it passable lower down frets but stull get low E buzz and its far to low. How straight is neck ment to be? Im not wanting to gonback to shop with it moaning but seriously not happy still!!

2. alantig

alantig Sassyless pants

Sounds like maybe you just need a truss rod tweak. It’s not unusual for a neck to shift a little bit when it’s moved like that. I had a Hamer that played beautifully in the store where I bought it three hours away. Two days later it was unplayable. Truss rod tweak fixed it beautifully.

Just go slow and make sure you’re turning in the correct direction (I always have to look up which way to turn it).

sergiodeblanc likes this.
  3. Collywobbles

Collywobbles New Member

#3 Collywobbles, Nov 22, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  4. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson New Member

Tjsnks
    Thanks yes i think it maybe just needing an adjustment. Came bavk from shop weeks ago, still wasnt happy with it tbh service was shocking. After sales they really couldn’t give a toss. I gigged it since but now its far worse. Frets out low down neck.

5. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson New Member

Yes im aware of the tolerances was a card in the soft case that gave basic measurements at 8th fret. Was dead low. Shop sent it away, came back its now after playing it for weeks feels worse. Probably truss adjustment. Could have just took few months of playing to settle in?? I have a string height gauge and feelers just not confident to adjust it myself. Guitar guitar, ( shop)really let me down by there aftersakes. Thanks

6. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

My Bernie needed a truss rod tweak at least twice a year, when the seasons changed. Once in the winter, and once in the summer, without fail.

Gary Thompson likes this.
  7. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson New Member

why is this? An idea? iv only had it 3 month and is just back from repair place! Granted it has turned really cold last few dayss!!

8. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Some guitars, all brands and levels, just need it. It's wood. It's susceptible to such changes. Pretty normal thing, actually.