Honey, Does This Pedalboard Still Fit?

László

Too Many Notes
Either I've gained weight, or my pedalboard has shrunk.

How the hell does a 28x16 lidded, custom pedalboard that was WAY too large when I bought it not that long ago, suddenly become tight for space?

How is it that my extra-large power supply is suddenly lacking enough outlets to power another pedal, when I had 4 open outlets when I bought it?

And why do I even want another pedal?

These things are as mysterious to me as why I have 3 amps and want more, even though my studio already has insufficient room to add them.

WTF was I thinking when I bought so much software for my studio that when doing a project, I often wish I had fewer plugins to choose from? Yet I keep buying the stuff?

I swore I'd never own more than two guitars again. I violated that oath a couple of years ago.

I should be acquiring less, not more, stuff. At my age, I should be divesting equipment. I should be preparing myself for a monk-like existence in preparation for old age and death, and yet...I shop.

Please explain this sickness to me.

Do you need another coffee Les? Boogie is right...you should be celebrating your "illness", not questioning it!:)

What don't you have room for? ;)
I don't even have a board to mount the pedals to, I just arrange them on the floor, and I'm running out of floor.

What don't you have room for? ;)
I don't even have a board to mount the pedals to, I just arrange them on the floor, and I'm running out of floor.

The best place for me to set pedals up for tracking is precisely where clients need to sit to see and hear the project. I put them on a pedalboard so I can move everything out of the way for them quickly, and then easily put the stuff back into place for more tracking when they leave.

It's just a convenience thing. Though I do have what I think is a very cute pedalboard... ;)

The best place for me to set pedals up for tracking is precisely where clients need to sit to see and hear the project. I put them on a pedalboard so I can move everything out of the way for them quickly, and then easily put the stuff back into place for more tracking when they leave.

It's just a convenience thing. Though I do have what I think is a very cute pedalboard... ;)
I thought you were implying that you were trying to fit a newly acquired piece of gear onto it.

Tap dancing on a big pedalboard is a guitarist's stairmaster. Do this 3 times a week and those glutes will firm up like Ron Jeremy on spring break. o_O

Trust me on this: No one on Earth - no one - needs to see the glutes of a guy my age, regardless of their state of firmness or lack thereof. ;)

In all seriousness, working out at the gym - especially 30-60 minutes on a stationary bike - makes for an easier 4 hour gig. My balance is even better for one-legged toe taps on pedals that are too close together. And recovery the next day is much shorter. Sunday's otherwise feel like I went 4 rounds with Muhamad Ali. Getting old sucks.

And recovery the next day is much shorter. Sunday's otherwise feel like I went 4 rounds with Muhamad Ali. Getting old sucks.

Just wait, my friend.

I feel like I went 4 rounds with Sonny Liston every single morning.

Google is your friend.

But be sure to set your browser to "stun" and shoo all the women, children and self-conscious men out of the room first.

Does he have an SE signature model? He must be big somewhere else, cuz I can't find him on the PRS website...;)

Back