Home Improvement

I love these pictures of your homes. Especially those of you who are about the same age as me! Both my parents and my wife's parents dumped furniture on us like it was going out of style - our house is the most heavily mashed mess of non-matching furniture you've ever seen.

Artwork, on the other hand, we've got! Both my grandfathers were very talented and accomplished painters, to include a couple paintings that they did that now belong to the Smithsonian and US Navy.

My wife wanted a new patio and pergola behind our house. So, this was finished about a week ago.

The best part? Watching how much fun this bunch had with the new fire pit.

Last edited:
Great looking addition Steve. We have a fire pit as well and it's a blast.

That's beautiful Steve. Custom-built for a glass of wine and a fire on a cool autumn evening!

Shawn:
I like the way you think, but my wife accused me of having this installed to hook up to my amp (a PRS 2 channel Custom, of course):

I guess she has other ideas about how she thinks I'm going to spend my time out there.

Did you supply the wood, Steve? I could have sworn you would have went with a cocobollo or pink ivory pergola! :cheers:

Did you supply the wood, Steve? I could have sworn you would have went with a cocobollo or pink ivory pergola! :cheers:

I thought about a private stock pergola, Mike, but I was afraid of the dreaded Indiana coco-pergola eating pileated woodpecker:

They migrate from Muncie.

I thought about a private stock pergola, Mike, but I was afraid of the dreaded Indiana coco-pergola eating pileated woodpecker. They migrate from Muncie.

Whoa, that thing looks like a freaking prehistoric bird of terror! haha

Got a new print. Big thanks to Metal Mike who helped me watch for this print not one day, but two cause I foolishly forgot to double check the release date. Thank you so much Mike. You are a truly grim metal warrior!!!

Oliva can sense the metal inside. She growls with a ferociousness unrivaled by even the biggest of fire breathing dragons!!!!
photo+2.JPG

She uses her lightening fast, razor sharp, +5 to tape removal claws to spill the guts...contained therein...true metal!!!
photo+3.JPG

This will be hung prominently in my home to ward off those unworthy. Beware!!

Last edited:
Nice man. My wife and I bought our house a little more than a year ago. It's an older home (1941) but has had a couple stages of renovation in the last 10 years or so. We even liked the paint colors from the last owners, so we haven't had to do much at all. We did buy it with the intent of converting the garage into a music room, so that will eventually happen when the stars and finances align.

You got me thinking. We have a few more pieces of art we still haven't bothered to hang. I guess you do have to be in the right mindset for those projects. And for me, the mindset doesn't come along often. ;)

I hung a couple of big mirrors (properly anchored in the wall) and I considered them both significant victories because I got them within 1/8" of level with little effort. :D I also played handyman and fixed a couple of the old door knobs, tweaked the fit of a few of the old doors, and I had to drill and dowel one door where the hinge had pulled out.

I did a chalkboard wall in the dining area:

578836_4352486061157_431855562_n.jpg

Our No Soliciting sign is a hit:

188708_4941719191617_1223463017_n.jpg

NOW THATS FUNNY!!!

Back