Hmm, this looks vaguely familiar.... I just can't place it

Firefly have been knocking out a lot of cheap decent looking axes of late, I have no idea of the build quality or playability.
But almost worth it just to hang on the wall and look purty!

Firefly have been knocking out a lot of cheap decent looking axes of late, I have no idea of the build quality or playability.
But almost worth it just to hang on the wall and look purty!
I have been eyeing a 338 copy for some time, as they are very highly rated for the price. They must be really popular now, as there are none to be had from the website. People are buying them up, tweaking them then selling them at 100 to 200 over list price.

I have a firefly and while they look nice I don't play it compared to my PRS guitars. But for $200 or whatever I payed I guess it's okay. Just not even on a level of a SE in my opinion even after changing out everything on it. I put a het set in it, and it has a cool tone now but in the end I don't like the feel of it I guess.

Last edited:
So I bought one of the FireFly FF338 model guitars. I was quite pleased with the build of this guitar. I might be a lucky one, but the thing was near flawless. MInor finish flaws aside, it is a really well built guitar. Ball end stainless steel frets, full size pots, decent tuners, decent pickups, For $220 it's worth more in my opinion. Out of the box it needed only minor tweaking of the board to bring it to level, action was good but I lowered it to suit me. Intonation was perfect on every string. It would make a good starter guitar for anyone looking to buy something for a loved one. But, be prepared to deep dive the guitar when it arrived to make sure it meets spec. I have read that QC can be hit or miss on all their models.

7Lm09ZF.jpg

So I bought one of the FireFly FF338 model guitars. I was quite pleased with the build of this guitar. I might be a lucky one, but the thing was near flawless. MInor finish flaws aside, it is a really well built guitar. Ball end stainless steel frets, full size pots, decent tuners, decent pickups, For $220 it's worth more in my opinion. Out of the box it needed only minor tweaking of the board to bring it to level, action was good but I lowered it to suit me. Intonation was perfect on every string. It would make a good starter guitar for anyone looking to buy something for a loved one. But, be prepared to deep dive the guitar when it arrived to make sure it meets spec. I have read that QC can be hit or miss on all their models.

7Lm09ZF.jpg
Dig the fish era picture discs ;)

Back