High Action on CU24SE

Scallops have their own charms but unfortunately they won't do anything for the action. The first step would be to go to a good tech and get the frets leveled, which may solve your problem all by itself.

Scallops have their own charms but unfortunately they won't do anything for the action. The first step would be to go to a good tech and get the frets leveled, which may solve your problem all by itself.

The guitar was plek'd. The frets are super level. The problem is evidently me. I seem to be infatuated with a string height of about .05" but everyone I've asked considers that as unplayable low. And when I set it up to PRS specs it's way higher than that. Furthermore, lots of pros seem to play with higher than my desired action for various reasons. I guess I'll have to beef up my forearm haha. I'll set it up again today but this time with Medium-High action and a relief of about .006" so it's nice and even throughout.

The guitar was plek'd. The frets are super level. The problem is evidently me. I seem to be infatuated with a string height of about .05" but everyone I've asked considers that as unplayable low. And when I set it up to PRS specs it's way higher than that. Furthermore, lots of pros seem to play with higher than my desired action for various reasons. I guess I'll have to beef up my forearm haha. I'll set it up again today but this time with Medium-High action and a relief of about .006" so it's nice and even throughout.

Yeah, we've all been there. It's like the quest for perpetual motion. :)

Yeah, we've all been there. It's like the quest for perpetual motion. :)

But 1.5mm at the 12th fret isn't exactly low or high. I'd say it's medium. It's still buzzing. Frets are 100% level. I checked with a fret rocker. The only way to get the guitar to play somewhat well is if I set the action to 2mm and beyond so there's enough space between the stings and the higher frets. Ridiculous IMO. This will be my last PRS SE maybe even my last PRS entirely. In tired of spending money on setups and having to go to various Luthiers. At least the neck is stable which I had issues with on another SE that I returned.

Back