help

gush

Where is that speedo pic
OK, I have a deal in the making. I have found a ce24 to trade for my LP but I really don't know how to do it. The CE belongs to somebody in Las Vegas and I'm in Iowa. Can somebody suggest to me the best way to handle a transaction like this? Thanks in advance.

Good idea, but what the F@*# am I gonna do with a Les Paul? :creep:

I see some Jordash demin in it's future!

Now that I have done everything but help Gush...

That's a tough one. Anyone you trust in Vegas? Any forum members that might be able to check it out for you?

Use my LP to start a fire......REALLY?????? I would hope to hell somebody could come up with something better than that....... I'll start...........Make a mahogany wind chime that needs tuned every 5 minutes!

Hasn't anybody on here done a long distance trade? There has to be some safe way to do it. I just don't know if I have the courage to send my LP to vegas to someone I don't know. What would you guys do?

BTW. gigged tonight using the marshall powerbrake again. Still like it, just can't say that it's the permenant solution yet. Going to set up at home again and tweak.

Use my LP to start a fire......REALLY?????? I would hope to hell somebody could come up with something better than that....... I'll start...........Make a mahogany wind chime that needs tuned every 5 minutes!

Hasn't anybody on here done a long distance trade? There has to be some safe way to do it. I just don't know if I have the courage to send my LP to vegas to someone I don't know. What would you guys do?

BTW. gigged tonight using the marshall powerbrake again. Still like it, just can't say that it's the permenant solution yet. Going to set up at home again and tweak.

Wind chime ... Well played!!! Serg called it...send one first probably ...? (And I have messed with power brakes before...pretty nice but currently loving my exotic BB preamp!)

Sorry for the slight derail... I would imagine that whoever instigated the trade would be the person who would be required to show good faith and send their guitar first. I've never done a long distance trade with somebody I wasn't 100% sure about, so I don't really know.

After having a day to think about it... I wouldn't burn a Les Paul, I'd probably trade it for a CE. Then including yours... I could have four of them. Almost enough to fill the tub with.

I've done long distance trades two ways...
1. both ship the same day (usually a Monday).
2. one ships first, second sends upon arrival/inspection

Both require the same thing in advance...communication. Talk to each other and make sure each knows exactly what they are getting so neither is surprised. If someone isn't comfortable, then you need to continue to talk things over.

It's no different than sending a check or money order if you really think about it...just bigger packaging.

Buy each others' guitars via PayPal. You both have to pay a little money in fees, but you get some sort of protection that way.

Otherwise, communicate and ask questions until you feel comfortable. And if you don't feel comfortable, don't do it.

For a long distance trade I've always talked to the other person on the phone and checked their feedback on eBay or somewhere else, like the Gear Page or TalkBass. If we're both comfortable after that we set a day and ship on the same day. It's worked for me every time. Last trade I did was a Grosh for one of my Andersons. After we traded we didn't care for the guitars we got from each other so we traded back.

Back