Help with SE Santana value

An old Santana SE in excellent condition sells for around $400 on eBay on a good day. The EMG 81 doesn't add any value because most buyers don't want a modded guitar. So you can guess the value.

I personally wouldn't buy a series 1 for more than $300. The new ones with birds get the $400 used.

It's worth what someone's willing to pay....I have the same model in red and with a trem and I would value it at $300 even with emg 81/85, and locking tuners. The only thing you might have going for you is that you have the stop tail version which I don't think they made a lot of, but there are plenty of other se model stop tails out there for around $300. For that reason I would never sell mine. While the SEs are a great bang for the buck there also a dime a dozen. No reason anyone would over spend on as used when you can get them cheap new.

Last edited:
An old Santana SE in excellent condition sells for around $400 on eBay on a good day. The EMG 81 doesn't add any value because most buyers don't want a modded guitar. So you can guess the value.

You'd be having an exceptional day if you got $400 out of one. I'd agree with the other posters. They turn up on eBay constantly, so I wouldn't even bid at all unless it looks pretty clean and unabused.

I've observed that mods add little to no value on these, unless it's something highly desirable like USA PRS pickups. If you're not a fan of the particular mod, it just means work to mod it again.

If that guitar was mine, I'd put the stock pickup back in and sell the EMG separately.

I can pick this guitar up for $200 off Craigslist. I figure I can put the original pup back in and sell the EMG for $50 to some little metal head. Then I essentially have the guitar and case for $150. That seems like a decent deal provided that it plays well.

Back