Help with potential PRS SC245 purchase

crgoda

Hey guys,

I was looking at this beautiful PRS sc245 10-top listed on ebay. It is a 2007 model with 57/08 PUs.
(2007 PRS SC245 '57/08 Pickups 10-TOP w Bird Inlays)

Seller hasnt responded yet, but I have seen PRS SC245s with 245 PUs, 57/08s, MaCarthy, etc.... Any chance you would know if 2007 Models came with 57/08s standard?

Also, is buying a used 10-TOP worth it vs a non 10-Top as far as value is concerned?

Seller is asking $1995. Ive seen them trade lower, but not with 57/08s and on my favorite color! :)

Any assistance would be great. Never bough a guitar on ebay before.

57/08s were not even announced until 2008. I would want proof they are (if they are aftermarket.)

As for the top, I'd say it's subjective. If you dig it, it's worth it. It might add a couple hundred to the price secondhand.

Last edited:
57/08s were not even announced until 2008. I would want proof they are (if they are aftermarket.)

As for the top, I'd say it's subjective. If you dig it, it's worth it. It might add a couple hundred to the price secondhand.

He sent me close up pictures. It says 57/08 on the covers. It is a beautiful looking guitar. I want to pull the trigger given the price, but I never bought a guitar sight unseen before.

I'd say post some pics here before the trigger gets pulled

He sent me close up pictures. It says 57/08 on the covers. It is a beautiful looking guitar. I want to pull the trigger given the price, but I never bought a guitar sight unseen before.

That's not super evident by the photos on the listing. You'd be able to see the etching on those but I can't. That would be a red flag for me...

I'd say post some pics here before the trigger gets pulled

Pics are linked in the first post.....not sure how to just post the pics. Does this look like an ok price for a 10 TOP with 5708?

Back