Help with P24/custom 24 Piezo switching Mod to position 4 , only want neck single coil

Bretly

The stock switching on a P24 or custom 24/22 with piezo is that switch position 4 is Neck & Bridge Single Coil in parallel.

I just want position 4 to be the Neck single coil only. I'm very handy and can solder like there is no tomorrow but the wiring diagram of the blade switch makes no sense to me. I'm thinking this is a really easy mod only requiring clipping one of the jumpers but which one?

This forum won't let me post the wiring diagram or the link because I am a new member but its readily available. any help is appreciated. I love this guitar but need my single coil neck quack.

Assuming you want the same neck coil (screw I believe) I think the easiest way would be to:
1. Move bridge hot over from A
2. Snip the + side connection between position 3/4

post picture

You also need to disconnect the bridge pickup red wire (B above) and tape it off.

It will give you neck slug coil only in pos 4.

Last edited:
You also need to disconnect the bridge pickup red wire (B above) and tape it off.

It will give you neck slug coil only in pos 4.

That was my thinking at first, but on second thought isn’t it unnecessary since that coil it getting shunted in position 4 anyway?

Assuming you want the same neck coil (screw I believe) I think the easiest way would be to:
1. Move bridge hot over from A
2. Snip the + side connection between position 3/4

post picture
Hi! I know this is an older thread, but I just got a P24 a few days ago and also really want that single coil neck position. I am a little confused by the picture here though. It says to move the bridge hot over from A, but it doesn't say where to move it to? I understand step 2, cutting the connection between the tabs on the selector switch, but step one is confusing me.
Thanks for any help!

Hi! I know this is an older thread, but I just got a P24 a few days ago and also really want that single coil neck position. I am a little confused by the picture here though. It says to move the bridge hot over from A, but it doesn't say where to move it to? I understand step 2, cutting the connection between the tabs on the selector switch, but step one is confusing me.
Thanks for any help!

You move it from A to the lug directly to the left in the diagram.

Back