Hello

wildman926

I have finally made the leap to join the PRS family. I have always loved PRS, but never pursued getting one. For 30 years, I have always owned Gibson, Epiphone, and Jacksons.

That changed once I saw the SE 30th anniversary line. I saw the value in getting one of these beauties. I purchased a Limited Edition Custom 24 30th Anniversary in black cherry flamed maple top. Once I received it, I could not believe the quality of build, the setup on the guitar, the sound of it unplugged, etc. I just absolutely loved it. So much so, I bought a second guitar, a Custom 24 30th Anniversary in vintage sunburst quilt top. I can not say enough good about them. Here they are....

I will make so small changes to them, not much. I will post those changes in the SE Mods thread.

I have made many changes to these two, and will post them soon. They came out looking and sounding awesome. Here is a list that is common to both. The Vintage Burst has additional changes, I added gold hardware to mix with the chrome/nickel.

Grove Mini Locking Tuners
Axe Masters Brass Nut
Mann Made Tremolo Block
Mann Made Brass Saddles
Floyd Rose Brass Tremolo Claw and Screws
Chrome Pickup Covers
Alnico II Magnets in both Pickups.
Top Hat knobs
Fender Tremolo Arm Tip

Pics to come soon....

Cool! That quilt has an animal face right below the trem! Maybe a hippo or a bear.

Great looking axes - that quilt is delicious! With the MannMade and other parts, I bet those sound killer!

That second one is maybe the nicest looking SE I've ever seen! LOVE that quilt! Congrats on both. Choice mods too. Very nice pair!

Absolutely nice pair of PRSi. Excellent choice. Interesting mods have been proceeded. For optical harmony I recommend installing black switch tips for the pup selector switches - if it is not one of your signature items.

I actually tried that, and I did not care for it too much.

I am looking to replace the black tremolo tips with some real wood ones. I will post an update when I do.

Back