Have you ever given up a good one...and got it back? (NOGD!)

Egads

One, Two, THIRTEEN!
A decade ago, a friend and manager of a local guitar shop finally relented and sold me this guitar. He had ordered it for the shop, but claimed it when it showed up. It was a good one, a special one. It was during the time PRS was offering a free set of 57/08s with any new purchase. So, this guitar went back to PRS and returned with an early etched pair of 57/08s.

I absolutely loved the guitar, and gigged it for a bit. At the time, I also had its sibling in an SC HB Standard, which was feeding a desire for an SC HB II with a piezo (PTC was willing to install a piezo in my Standard, but the cost was close to what I paid for the Standard).

I convinced myself that the SC HB II was absolutely necessary, and this guitar was the only thing I thought I could give up. No regrets on getting the SC HB II, as it is one of the two best guitars I've owned.

But, giving up this guitar was a big regret. I have maintained a Reverb feed item for these, but never jumped. I started looking for cheaper ones I could tweak. Then...

...this place strikes again!

"What did you get this time?"
bvDLE2I.jpg

Wait, was this in a house fire?
YnyOuTF.jpg

So far, so good...
pgUPVDr.jpg

Ahhhh!
fuiJFVE.jpg

"OK. I approve."
Nhx8hXZ.jpg

I've let two get away but haven't got them back. Congrats!

So, the rest of the story:

I sold the guitar on Craigslist, in Denver, to a musician who was in town for a gig.

Then, a few years later, Sergio buys it off the guy I sold it to. He didn't realize it was my old one, and it even had the original plastic pick guard when we bought it. Glad the guy kept the wood one!

I dropped off the forum for a couple years, as life and deaths and work and other things got in the way. When I came back, here was Sergio and my old Mira! This completely triggered the regret and a new search. Sergio, being Sergio and the coolest human I know, offered it up. I am still completely blown away by his constant generosity. Dude, you are truly Bangin'!Banging!

Ay8puSr.jpg

OAJqdqN.jpg

04jKNZG.jpg

qzWmMwR.jpg

pg4x0oa.jpg

With most of the siblings
2N0jkA6.jpg

I love that your cat also loves the smell of a PRS. Congrats on getting it back!

At least he didn't try to pee in the case! Sergio warned me it might smell like curry and baby diapers...

I've let two get away but haven't got them back. Congrats!

Let everyone know what you are looking for. Maybe they will pop up!

@Egads is right, it is a good one, would’ve never left my possession for anyone else.

I bought it to poach the pickups, and could never bring myself to yank them it was so good.

But yeah, y’all have been good to me, I’ve had my share of blessings, and when I saw egads asking about SE Mira’s..... I just couldn’t leave a buddy hangin’.

BTW, I call dibs.

@Egads is right, it is a good one, would’ve never left my possession for anyone else.

I bought it to poach the pickups, and could never bring myself to yank them it was so good.

But yeah, y’all have been good to me, I’ve had my share of blessings, and when I saw egads asking about SE Mira’s..... I just couldn’t leave a buddy hangin’.

BTW, I call dibs.

Kudos good sir, you have received another point from the guitar karma gods (and yes, THEY ARE REAL!!!)

Let everyone know what you are looking for. Maybe they will pop up!

I had a Eriza Verde Signature Limited trem that got away. I’ve seen a few others for sale but none with as nice of top, save one and I didn’t jump on it. Someday maybe.

The other was a 89 Heritage H-150 that got sold to someone in Europe.

You’re right, Sergio is one bad mutha f.......or, maybe f@ckin’ mother would be more fitting. :D

Glad it’s back with you. I got the chance to play it a couple of times. It slays. Those 57/08s are killer in it.

Especially the neck pup! Totally killer.

And BTW, you're welcome to play it any time!

I was lucky enough to get a SCHB of mine back. Mine didn't get as far away as yours but it sure is sweet when they come back home.

Pics? I love me some SC HB!

I had a Eriza Verde Signature Limited trem that got away. I’ve seen a few others for sale but none with as nice of top, save one and I didn’t jump on it. Someday maybe.

The other was a 89 Heritage H-150 that got sold to someone in Europe.

That was my favorite color of the Signature Limiteds. There have been a couple of that color pop up.

Great story...and yeah, Serg has proven that time and time again...One of the many great folks here.
Love the wood tweaks, BTW!!!!! (Especially the knobs!) Congrats on getting her back.

Back