Guitar World PRS S2 Singlecut Standard Satin

How are we supposed to play drinking games if Paul doesn't give his description of the guitar?

Glad to see another clip of the S2 Satins though - love mine more and more each time I play it! Might be one of the best values PRS has ever produced. Everyone should at least try one.

If my dealer has one I will try it.
Dropping off the ZM next week for a setup and more.
Not happy with it, never bonded with it, but that is for another thread.

Oh, THAT Paul. Nice demo. He covered a lot of sounds. My only complaint is they didn't tell anything about the signal chain. Sounds to me like it was all set very bright.

Absolutely lovin' my satin Vela...and my ZM! :D

There's an older S2 singlecut at my local store that I'd love to buy....just waiting for the exceptional deal to present itself.
The Vela and singlecut are the only S2's that interest me. I still feel they are a little overpriced for what you get.

BEST part of this video = another example of how the lampshade knobs SUCK for push-pulls. I sure wish PRS would fix that. Epiphone did a couple of years ago....it's not that hard.

Absolutely lovin' my satin Vela...and my ZM! :D

There's an older S2 singlecut at my local store that I'd love to buy....just waiting for the exceptional deal to present itself.
The Vela and singlecut are the only S2's that interest me. I still feel they are a little overpriced for what you get.

BEST part of this video = another example of how the lampshade knobs SUCK for push-pulls. I sure wish PRS would fix that. Epiphone did a couple of years ago....it's not that hard.

I think the Singlecuts and the Mira are the best value in the S2 line. Vela seems like a great value, but there's really nothing to compare it to.

I noticed him fumbling with the push/pulls, too. I had a ton of trouble using them with sweaty hands, so I've adapted to using the tip of my middle finger to get under the edge and pry them up. Works about as well as any other push pull for me.

I still don't understand why some folks give Paul Riario such a hard time. The dude rocks in my opinion.
I know, a year ago I use to get disgusted with keyboard commandos giving him a bad time for his playing and his haircut.
Hi playing has improved greatly though, and they mic up the amps much better now too.
I also likes how he does that thing before a riff by sliding down the low E string from the upper fret.
I do it too now :D

But I do enjoy his playing.

The S2 Vela is the only s2 I had any interest in. Most of the series are just lacking in tone, vibe and overall appearance. When the semi-hollow s2 22 fret model came out, I thought that would be awesome.. It wasn't. At least none of the 20 or so, I played. I'm not hating on them, they just don't work for me. I got my Vela, as a present from my wife. She was with me when I played it before xmas, and saw that I was impressed with it, so she surprised me with it, and...I love it. And even though it's a great guitar, it had short comings...including a nut that was almost 1/8th of an inch too short, side to side! The pickguard was screwed too tight, so it has some cracks, and I had to change out the pickup springs, because they were too short, making the pickups flop around.
I get that the S2 series is a way to deliver a USA made PRS to the masses, but I think the QC on these, should be a little better...especially at a $1200 to $1600 price point. I am still waiting for a new nut, (from my excellent dealer) and the rest I can live with. I own several core models, and they were all perfect, right out of the box. I own a Santana se, which was also perfect, right out of the box, so seeing these issues on the S2 series, really surprised me. All this being said, I would still recommend the S2 series to anyone, because they all play great...the only caveat would be to play a lot of them, and find one that meets your particular requirements. I have been playing PRS guitars since 1989, and I consider them to be the best mass production guitars in the world.

I know, a year ago I use to get disgusted with keyboard commandos giving him a bad time for his playing and his haircut.
Hi playing has improved greatly though, and they mic up the amps much better now too.
I also likes how he does that thing before a riff by sliding down the low E string from the upper fret.
I do it too now :D

But I do enjoy his playing.

He copped that move from me.

I really have to wonder what is happening when I read about a PRS having obvious qc issues. Everything I have seen in videos shows almost fanatical attention to detail, with backup inspections on top of inspections, stressing that if anyone finds something not up to snuff, then that guitar gets sent back until it's corrected before it is ever let out the door.

I am mystified.

Every single one of mine is simply perfect, including 2 that I sold. And my wife constantly tells me that I am anally picky about everything. Must be something happening in the dealer's store is all I can think of to point any fingers at. Just doesn't make sense to me, unless I am also unbelievably naive, which my wife also accuse me of being, :rolleyes:

if a guitar is displayed in sunlight in the window, or not kept properly, the pick guard will shrink from the heat even in cooler weather. Sounds like something at the dealer, not at the factory. I bet if you photograph it and email them, they`ll send you another pick guard. they`re really easy to change.

My S2 Singlecut in (non satin) was just perfect , quality was spot on , set up was perfect right from the store
Somthing I never see with any fender or Gibson I have tried or bought
They Always needed a major setup from my local luthier before I was happy

Hey, that's my guitar! I really like mine, a lot, and it was also perfect. My first choice was black, but the red grew on me real quick like!

Since Andy posted his, those satin S2`s won`t leave my brain. I`m thinking of the sound in the reviews. I`m also staying away from my local music store.

Since Andy posted his, those satin S2`s won`t leave my brain. I`m thinking of the sound in the reviews. I`m also staying away from my local music store.
Come on, just go in and check 'em out, no harm in that! You are under no obligation to buy anything!

Back