Guidance needed on ordering a custom 24 - Is it possible to spec a guitar?

Emvin Taylor

Hi Guys,

I am at a point were I would like to order my dream PRS (I've been wanting one for at least 15 years now).

I have always wanted a light blue prs (previously loved the Blue Matteo finish but I see Carroll Blue is a nice option).

I have always been fond on the rosewood neck finish but I cannot seem to work out how one would go about ordering such a spec. Previously there was an Artist Package option however I have been told this is no longer an option?

Can one only spec up a custom 24 as a 10 top or only through the Private Stock option?

Basically I am trying to work out the specification options on a custom 24 without going down the Private Stock route.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Guys,

I am at a point were I would like to order my dream PRS (I've been wanting one for at least 15 years now).

I have always wanted a light blue prs (previously loved the Blue Matteo finish but I see Carroll Blue is a nice option).

I have always been fond on the rosewood neck finish but I cannot seem to work out how one would go about ordering such a spec. Previously there was an Artist Package option however I have been told this is no longer an option?

Can one only spec up a custom 24 as a 10 top or only through the Private Stock option?

Basically I am trying to work out the specification options on a custom 24 without going down the Private Stock route.

Thanks in advance!
I think there are a lot of guys and gals looking for that kind of options. I suspect the only way is through a library limited run with a dealer or trying reverb.

That being said; I have not seen many rosewood neck CU24s. The rosewood option is more a McC thing or for the modern eagle kind of guitars. The CU24 is more a modern flavour and I usually see it go the other way; maple necks.

Thanks for the input.

I am located in Malta (Europe) so there is no way the single local dealership would order a run of wood library guitars.

Not much information in the website regarding customizing guitars but I'll try and talk to our local dealership and get their input.

There's a nice Experience model signed by Paul on reverb now with a IRW neck .. good price ..
tuezwm2uu2pwyoflowuj.jpg
zqsweshsbdxqbgpl4mrs.jpg

That's an awesome looking guitar but I would need one in Europe and in blue :) otherwise the customs duties and shipping costs would make it al lot more expensive to purchase

Best bet is to look into Wood Library runs dealers are running....lots and lots of good stuff coming through lately.

I'd also recommend checking out Roasted Maple necks...they're an absolute joy to play. Found this one in the UK that fits your bill, except for the rosewood neck, though.

This is super nice although the UK is a big problem too with Brexit. Will be taxed 18% + customs duties and clearance

Back