great new idea - that I forgot I am not a fan of....

BrianC

more toys than talent
I was on Youtube yesterday and saw yet another video where guitars with P90's where highly promoted by the featured person.They sounded great in his hands.I started thinking MAYBE I NEED THIS OPTION in MY arsenal!

I started thinking about all the different ones available, colors etc, and then BAM!

I HAVE had one of these at my house for an extended demo from my good friend here Rider.He brought his 3 p90 axe he got from 10 Top (I think) that was Howard Leese's to my house for a jam session.

I then remembered the tone and the NOISE and boom done. Just saved who knows how much money!

I agree - P90's are great for low/mid gain tone for recording, but I find them way too noisy for regular use. I have a cheap SG junior clone, and while I'd love to have a beautiful P90 PRS, realistically I probably wouldn't get much use out of it.

WqR3Ozt.jpg

I got that sh!t in the bag.

Glad you saved the cash, you can buy something else now!

Personally, I love the particular sound of the P90s in the 594. Like any good single coil, I’ll put up with the noise when I want that sound... nothing else really sounds quite the same. But my go to guitars are all humbuckers, so I get your point!

I was on Youtube yesterday and saw yet another video where guitars with P90's where highly promoted by the featured person.They sounded great in his hands.I started thinking MAYBE I NEED THIS OPTION in MY arsenal!

I started thinking about all the different ones available, colors etc, and then BAM!

I HAVE had one of these at my house for an extended demo from my good friend here Rider.He brought his 3 p90 axe he got from 10 Top (I think) that was Howard Leese's to my house for a jam session.

I then remembered the tone and the NOISE and boom done. Just saved who knows how much money!

PRS Soapbars ROCK!

But I agree that they are not a good fit for you for gigging with your band, which is predominantly classic rock with a decent amount of gain. ;)

One is not enough and three is too many, but a guitar equipped with two p90's is amazeballs in my opinion

Yes, the PRS 594 Soapbars are amazing! And it is great that they are noise canceling in the middle position.

(Although tonally I prefer the bridge and neck pickup alone, with low to medium gain...)

WqR3Ozt.jpg

I got that sh!t in the bag.

Awesome!

I have thought about doing a Private Stock 594 with a Humbucker Bridge and Neck P-90. ;)

You remembered the tone? The noise? I don't get it. If you remembered the TONE, you would be happy to put up with the noise. At least that is the way I see it. Besides, the noise in my house is maybe 5% greater than using a humbucker until you get the gain and volume so high everything sounds like a machine gun and at that level it doesn't matter.

You remembered the tone? The noise? I don't get it. If you remembered the TONE, you would be happy to put up with the noise. At least that is the way I see it. Besides, the noise in my house is maybe 5% greater than using a humbucker until you get the gain and volume so high everything sounds like a machine gun and at that level it doesn't matter.

Same here! I love P-90s and am willing to put up with a little noise. They aren't the best pairing with high gain, though.

I worry about the noise a bit too. I have this idea in my head that I need to get a satin SC and outfit it with a custom pickguard with a couple soapies. Of course if I liked the guitar with humbuckers, it wouldn’t be a waste. You could always try humbucker size P90’s in the original pickguard or noiseless soapies in the custom guard. Less risk all the way around I guess, in hopes that something P90 ish works out. Maybe something like that could be a better option?

I worry about the noise a bit too. I have this idea in my head that I need to get a satin SC and outfit it with a custom pickguard with a couple soapies. Of course if I liked the guitar with humbuckers, it wouldn’t be a waste. You could always try humbucker size P90’s in the original pickguard or noiseless soapies in the custom guard. Less risk all the way around I guess, in hopes that something P90 ish works out. Maybe something like that could be a better option?
I just gave my son my P94 to put in his Gretsch. Seemed like the right thing to do.

I've had 2 different P90 equipped guitar and both were stunning guitars but neither made it to todays collection.
The Mira 245 is the one I should have kept I was kind of a " one trick pony " tho , I might be looking for another in the future.
The CU22 P90 I got from Howard for a Rosewood neck SCT it was so pretty and it had the hottest pickups of any of my guitars, also had one of the smaller necks.
in the end the Silver Sky fits me better.
P90s , Santana , and CU24s ( and so far anything shorter than 25" scale ) have not stayed long on my wall.

Mira by

[url=https://flic.kr/p/25Yt817]IMG_3102
by https://www.flickr.com/photos/152274366@N08/[/url]

I've had 2 different P90 equipped guitar and both were stunning guitars but neither made it to todays collection.
The Mira 245 is the one I should have kept I was kind of a " one trick pony " tho , I might be looking for another in the future.
The CU22 P90 I got from Howard for a Rosewood neck SCT it was so pretty and it had the hottest pickups of any of my guitars, also had one of the smaller necks.
in the end the Silver Sky fits me better.
P90s , Santana , and CU24s ( and so far anything shorter than 25" scale ) have not stayed long on my wall.

Mira by
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152274366@N08/
IMG_3102 by

I dig both of those.

I only have limited experience with the Anniversary Mira, but may need to try one again. That one is hot!

ISP Technologies Decimator II G-String. It will turn your pedal board wiring into a something of a spaghetti chart, but it will absolutely kill the noise and NOT mess with your tone.

Back