Got some flamey quilted maple!

I've got WAY more pretty wood than I'll ever build .. ( enough for 40 more instruments) I still buy on occassion .. Paul got me into making my own Wood Library starting 20 years ago. If any of you adventurous types are looking for something special , you can drop me a line. I'm not here to "sell " any per se .. but I'd rather it go into instruments than gunstocks.
qm909.jpg

and six "somethings" for friends. (wink wink!)
These would appear to be earmarked to be what we call the "resinated quilted maple. " While PRS has never offered this wood/finish combination, there are some in the wild, no pun intended. According to my sources, Sergio has one guitar with this wood/finish combination via something called "natural patina" or as he calls it "contact buzz maple."

Last edited:
Moving right along!

Three cutting boards for the family and six "somethings" for friends. (wink wink!)

These would appear to be earmarked to be what we call the "resonated quilted maple. " While PRS has never offered this wood/finish combination, there are some in the wild, no pun intended. According to my sources, Sergio has one guitar with this wood/finish combination via something called "natural patina" or as he calls it "contact buzz maple."
Dang, it took me all the way to here to figure it out.

These would appear to be earmarked to be what we call the "resonated quilted maple. " While PRS has never offered this wood/finish combination, there are some in the wild, no pun intended. According to my sources, Sergio has one guitar with this wood/finish combination via something called "natural patina" or as he calls it "contact buzz maple."
Soon to be resin-ated quilted maple?

Great for making a “tone salad”

You’re getting it... I saw the pencil marks for a nice round “bowl shaped” cut on the top.

Spooning leads to forki…….

………never mind

Back