Got banned from TGP, have no idea why...

Addams...
hand-thing.gif

Been banned 3 or 4 times at TGP. All were over posts that were deemed “political” even though all were very mildly satirical. I’ve found that if your political posts seem to not follow a certain narrative, they’re quick to send you on a vacation. While I’ve seen blatantly politically related posts go undisciplined. It is what it is, I suppose.

When I was a moderator on that site, there was no way we could read every single post. We relied on other members reporting posts.

We had moderators on both sides of the political spectrum, and had frequent discussions about what to do about certain posts...

It's quite possible your posts were reported and that the others weren't...

I remember a few people who used to report tons of posts. Most were nothing to worry about, but they offended THEM...

After a while, they became "the boys who cried wolf" and were typically ignored...

When I was a moderator on that site, there was no way we could read every single post. We relied on other members reporting posts.

It astounds me that people think mods have the time or energy to read and evaluate each and every post. I get on live sessions on YouTube w/Tim Pierce with much less traffic, and he can't read everything that comes across in a session.

Personally, it takes a lot to offend me. When I report threads here, it's more with the idea that we've established certain boundaries here, and it's an attempt to keep things within those boundaries.

Mods aren't generally evaluated and elevated for their poly-math or Vulcan levels of logic: many are simply guys who are deeply engaged in a forum's main business, and who seem (however superficially) to be reasonably level-headed. Many prove effective; but people being people, some percentage of the chosen will fall short.

Always worth keeping in mind: a half-wit on a bad day is a quarter-wit.

I can honestly say, I really don't know. I recently started threads extolling the virtues of yacht rock and sophisti-pop.

I wasn't exactly working blue there...
Ive been put in timeout there before - u generally get a message saying what u did wrong - problem is if ur on temp ban you cant sign in far enough to read your dang messages saying why.

Send a facebook message to Scott Auld - he is a mod that seems decent there. See if he can tell you.

there has been a lot of MOD turnover at tgp lately.
If it wasnt for the great classifieds…..

Back