Got an SE custom semi hollow.

bluestormz

I bought mine about a week ago and I'll eventually post pics later on. It plays great and is a good value. I have some people telling me I wasted my money and should've got a used USA one.

Nah you did not waste your money. The SEs are very good instruments. I had owned one and now my boy has one. I believe it will inspire you to do what you can to save for a USA one some day. what I thought may be a cool mod for those semi hollow bodies is intall the PRS USA starla pickups and the USA drop in 3 way push/pull tone. that could really make it a special guitar. even after those mods you still have a very reasonably priced guitar with a bit of added mojo.

The advisers who told you that, so they own both types of PRS?
I would guess not.

I have USA PRSs and had them first. I just got an SE. It is a fantastic guitar by any and every measure and I dont believe it is an exceptional example of the SE line.
I did NOT waste my money and if you like your...YOUR SE, not THEIRS, then no, you did not waste your money.....either.
Now let's see some pics of that thing!!

I had two USA models, but had to sell them and probably will never be able to afford one again. College tuition isn't cheap so I used the money towards that. The SE tops are impressive and I think my friends felt I paid too much $720 for it. It plays great but I did see some Santana's going for $500 new on some sites.

Nah you did not waste your money. The SEs are very good instruments. I had owned one and now my boy has one. I believe it will inspire you to do what you can to save for a USA one some day. what I thought may be a cool mod for those semi hollow bodies is intall the PRS USA starla pickups and the USA drop in 3 way push/pull tone. that could really make it a special guitar. even after those mods you still have a very reasonably priced guitar with a bit of added mojo.

That's a very good idea!

I had two USA models, but had to sell them and probably will never be able to afford one again. College tuition isn't cheap so I used the money towards that. The SE tops are impressive and I think my friends felt I paid too much $720 for it. It plays great but I did see some Santana's going for $500 new on some sites.

You might be able to afford a USA model again after school - if you feel the need for one. An education is a good choice for the money now. You got a nice guitar for a price you were comfortable with. That's all that matters. Enjoy.

I don't believe you wasted your money. Those are very cool guitars, better than a lot of what's out there especially at that price point.

Thanks guys. I'm enjoying it, gonna mod it a bit. I'll get the pigtails bridge for it eventually and locking tuners.

Back