Got an Instgram message from Seymour W. Duncan today...

I work in IT and the last year has been the worst ever for email phish scams. Impersonating our CEO and then sending scammy messages to our CEO as himself is what makes me report them to the FBI.

They are getting very good with crafting communication so they don't trigger any filters.

Jerks.

I work in IT and the last year has been the worst ever for email phish scams. Impersonating our CEO and then sending scammy messages to our CEO as himself is what makes me report them to the FBI.

They are getting very good with crafting communication so they don't trigger any filters.

Jerks.
I'm 73 and they sure do target people my age. Creeps.

Oh crap I might be in trouble. Last night, Elvis hit me up on Instagram about some real estate opportunities in Florida. I gave him my CC# so he could put a down payment on it. o_O

Jerks.

While I was still employed, the company would send out occasional phishing test e-mails - all safe, but designed to educate you to what they would look like and also determine how much the message/training was getting through. Some were very easy to spot, others were well-disguised. The good news was that the vast majority were recognized and reported as they should be (and you received instant feedback about whether you'd done the right thing). The bad news was that amongst the groups with the worst performance were tech professionals - the very people who should know better than anyone.

Back