Gonna be in Annapolis, taking a factory tour, what else?

John Beef

Opaque
In October I'm going to be in Annapolis. I scheduled a factory tour already, and I am flying in a day earlier than I need to be there just to do that. What else is there to do in Annapolis? Best places to eat? I can look this crap up on the web, but really, I know there's some good experience on this forum. Plus, as guitarists, we may share interests in some things that other little people would not be interested in. If left to my own devices I'd probably just go to the Ram's Head or something and drink myself silly.

If October 6th or 7th, Ramshead is an excellent choice, one of my favourite live bands are playing there: link.

Also: crab. CRAAB! You must have crab. There's a couple good places, but I haven't figured out which one is best yet, I have some pretty damn good crab cakes near me at Sweetwater Tavern/Coastal Flats, and another one further away on Assateague Island or Kent Island, I forget which.

If you're there around the 20th, I'm going to try to see Queens of the Stone Age with Royal Blood opening in DC.

Mike's on Riva Road. Bonus - you'll get to see the infamous HGI where a bunch of us stay for Experience.

Bridges on Kent Narrows is very good as well.

Sweet, thank you both. I'm actually seeing QOTSA and foo fighters in San Bernadino the weekend before I'm in Annapolis. Mike's is close to where I'm staying. And yes, here in AZ we don't get much crab, so for sure, I'll definitely be eating some.

I lived in Columbia for years and sadly never even thought to see if PRS had a factory tour (as sad as that sounds). 49 West Cafe is a great jazz venue, and many jazz greats stop in Annapolis and the surrounding areas because of their connection with Charlie Byrd (his widow Elana hosts frequent jazz shows in the area). Ram's Head is great and there is jazz there on the weekends Good food and booze.

Sweet, thank you both. I'm actually seeing QOTSA and foo fighters in San Bernadino the weekend before I'm in Annapolis. Mike's is close to where I'm staying. And yes, here in AZ we don't get much crab, so for sure, I'll definitely be eating some.
Actually, October is the best time to have crab -- the demand is down, because it's starting to cool down and people think the season is over, but the water hasn't quite cooled down yet, so they haven't gone dormant, and are still catchable.

If you're greasy spoon breakfast aficionado, check out Chick and Ruth's Delly. And make sure you're really hungry.

Garret Park was indeed awesome. Thanks for that recommendation. I played Howie's old red crackle, Crazy Ted's old Metal Standard, a 1st gen ME... all very cool.

We also did Bridges on Kent Narrows and had the crab cakes, which were more just huge piles of crab loosely stuck together. Delicious. A crab cake sandwich at the Severn Inn was also good. Also had some great red snapper at the Yellowfin Fish House.

Back