Given the prices of core models, no customer should be receiving an otherwise beautiful & meticulously crafted guitar w/ white, plastic t-buttons 😒

I agree with this, it seems he's been prescribing wooden tuner buttons on the Private stocks. At first I was worried about them breaking lol. After owning them for a few years they are solid. I'm sure he used wood to reduce mass which also enhanced the look.

They've been providing them as a PS option for years, but they don't really prescribe them - they may make the suggestion, but is usually in terms of "have you thought about wood buttons?"

The real question is whether you believe in what PRSh says or not. It might be a hidden cost cut strategy, but given Paul's track record of innovation, I for one believe it's a legitimate search for evolution. Haven't played one with the new tuners yet, but I suppose they might provide some sort of improvement.

Cut and paste from an old post:

(Once again:

"The new tuning buttons will improve the musicality of the guitars."
".094 of an inch makes a HUGE difference."
"TCI pickups blablabla...".

Once again Mr. Smith is selling snowballs to Eskimoes.

It never ends.
I love it!)

Just imagine if we could have a time machine
and get Mr. Smith and P.T. Barnum together.

:D

Cut and paste from an old post:

(Once again:

"The new tuning buttons will improve the musicality of the guitars."
".094 of an inch makes a HUGE difference."
"TCI pickups blablabla...".

Once again Mr. Smith is selling snowballs to Eskimoes.

It never ends.
I love it!)

Just imagine if we could have a time machine
and get Mr. Smith and P.T. Barnum together.

:D

We’re partly to blame.

After all, there’s a reason why most cars come with parking sensors now.

It’s because for centuries men have told women (holds hands 6 inches apart) that this is 18 inches.

We may be nought more than nano vibrations in an infinite reality no homo sapien can comprehend, but as guitarists our vibrations, well they just feel good! 😁

Let me be the first to proudly post a photo of said offender.
Tr31018.jpeg
Ok, I don't feel so awkward for having big ears any more :eek:

We may be nought more than nano vibrations in an infinite reality no homo sapien can comprehend, but as guitarists our vibrations, well they just feel good! 😁

Let me be the first to proudly post a photo of said offender.
Tr31018.jpeg
And to ease all the fuzz: look, the tuner buttons are replaceable: i see screws (look at the top left tuner button. There is a dark reflection, that I can only interpret as SCREW)

So anybody wants to trade with my regular, old school phase II buttons?

Well, I was gonna go buy some from the PRS store purely to freak people out. And a little to just try them. Both colors-SOLD OUT! I’m warming up to them since they’re so hated.
Noticed john mann still has them. Would have tried them, but getting them to europe would have been a little too expensive.

The idea that they’re about cutting costs is funny, to me. The cost to design them, tool up the manufacturing, and produce them had to be greater than the cost to continue with the old knobs.

My guess is that something occurred that made less mass on the headstock a priority.

Let me ask this, as I have yet to see them in person. Can just the new buttons be removed? I've seen posts saying yes/no.

I find it pretty funny that the OP makes a clearly-divisive thread with strong words towards the company, probably knowing that it's going to cause banter. Then dips out after the start of the conversation to watch everybody go back and forth for four pages.

Instigator behavior. 🤣

I can't lie, despite the fact I still am not a fan of those tuner buttons, it has been pretty entertaining to see how worked up Laszlo and some others got 😉

Back