Given the prices of core models, no customer should be receiving an otherwise beautiful & meticulously crafted guitar w/ white, plastic t-buttons 😒

The plastic tuner buttons on my Silver Sky feel the best to me. Looking at them, I didn’t expect that. It’s one of the small joys unexpectedly found in that guitar, for me.

I do not like cream plastic crap
I do not like the press on trap
I do not like this button change
Signed sincerely Wily Strange

But of course, to each his own! I am still (after ALL these threads, OMG people please stop) not certain about whether these are changeable or pressed on permanent. If they are in fact pressed on permanent, I like them less. Some have said they have seen some of the new buttons with screws in the end (so likely changeable in that case), but I have not seen them in that configuration. What I don't like about these new buttons is as follows:

1. The cream color! Hate it for pup rings (except on some very natural color and brown guitars, I have seen a few blue gits that look good with them as well, but it has to be the right blue) and I hate it for tuner buttons. I think it draws the eye away from the true visual beauties of the PRS products, which IMO is the woods and the shapes! I am sure the new ones will be available in other colors over time, but the initial cream stuff makes me want to vomit on those headstocks!

2. Non changeable - if I have to change the tuners all together just to get my tuner buttons to look the way I want, I think that is a step backwards. If they are in fact changeable, then lovely, nobody should have any issues with them as it is an easy and quick fix ;~))

3. The size of them makes me think that when I am trying to grab them, it will be more difficult in some instances due to the reduced space between them on the headstock. I could be wrong, but that is my visual take on the situation. Considering that most people here have not actually played one with the new buttons, we are for the most part relying on the looks at this point. Those who have played them and commented (comments I have read anyway) have not expressed any concerns of this nature so I could be off base with my conclusion on this sitchy.

I have never been a fan of the "Vintage" tuners. I LOVE the locking ones mostly for their ease of use in string changes. I also like the look of the locking tuners better than the "Vintage" tuner look (especially from the back, love seeing the gears), but to repeat, to each her own!

These new buttons won't stop me from buying a guitar configured with them, but I will be thoroughly annoyed to have to change the tuners all together if I simply want different tuner buttons ;~))

All that said, GET OFF MY HEADSTOCK whippersnappers!

Example: The complaining about freaking plastic pickup rings a few years back - PRS has used them since the beginning - and even complaints that they were 'too cream colored'.
A few years back I thought it would be an upgrade to replace the black plastic rings on my '91 with some nice rosewood.

I didn't like it after doing it, and went back to the plastic, go figure.

I am still (after ALL these threads, OMG people please stop) not certain about whether these are changeable or pressed on permanent.

The ones on the locking tuners definitely have screws. I haven't seen what comes on the vintage style tuners, but those have never had screws.

1. The cream color! Hate it for pup rings (except on some very natural color and brown guitars,

I'll get out my violin samples to provide accompaniment to your pissing and moaning.

I have to say that I don’t like the look of the new tuners, AND I can’t wait to try them out to see if they achieve what they are supposed to. After all, a new set of tuners isn't a huge price for customization and a simpleton like me can do it on my own.

The ones on the locking tuners definitely have screws. I haven't seen what comes on the vintage style tuners, but those have never had screws.
Perhaps you should review post #27 of this thread ;~)) I am thrilled to hear that the lockers do have screws, so in those instances, I am fine with being able to throw the new ones into the recycle bin ;~))

I'll get out my violin samples to provide accompaniment to your pissing and moaning.
No need, just stating my opinion. And maybe you missed the two instances of "to each their own" in my post! As for pissing and moaning, "pot, meet kettle" (examples below)!

There have been plenty of disrespectful threads about this bullsh!t already. Give it a f^cking rest.

How many threads about tuner buttons have there been, and it's the same people over and over. It's just a load. Don't like the buttons, go to amazon and get a set of 6 metal ones for $4.80, or don't buy the freaking guitar. Real simple stuff.

Sorry, this kind of thing is internet chicken-sh!t that by and large doesn't affect sales at all.

Did you know it costs PRS more to have exposed brass on the tuning machines instead of plating it? Paul has spoken about that.

You name it, someone is going to b!tch about it. Someone is going to get out the torches and pitchforks and exhort people to storm the castle over this nonsense.

Hey, I like ranting, it's fun!

Because I'm immortal I make it a point to attack every hill. ;)

All that sounds way more like pissing and moaning than me saying I don't like cream colored plastic on my 4 and 5 figure guitars, but you of course are welcome to your opinion as well as your own definition of what pissing and moaning is!

All that sounds way more like pissing and moaning than me saying I don't like cream colored plastic on my 4 and 5 figure guitars, but you of course are welcome to your opinion as well as your own definition of what pissing and moaning is!
Yeah, that's me responding to all the pissing and moaning, and now you're pissing and moaning again.

You didn't get the humor in my post. So be it.

No violin for you! 🤣

You didn't get the humor in my post. So be it.

No violin for you! 🤣
Well, in all fairness, I was the only individual till this moment who responded to your post #47 with a "Haha" emoji, so I must have found something amusing ;~)) Besides, I want a full orchestra to accompany my pissing and moaning!

Tuner buttons?
So that's what those things on the head stock are for!
Interesting!
Yeah, I was lost as well, and I think I am going to sell these guitars! I have twisted those things till the strings break at times, and I still can't get any of the local radio stations. Obviously defective tuners!!

Back