gig bag for angelus standard

Discussion in 'Acoustic Guitars' started by Gabby84, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Gabby84

Gabby84 New Member

Hello folks, first post. I have been playing a PRS angelus standard, 2012 (straight acoustic) for a month or so now. I am in love with this guitar! I have the original case, but am thinking of getting a gig bag since it is heavy and cumbersome to walk to my lessons.

I have a gator transport for my danelectro, but would like to hear of any other recommendations based on your experience?

Thank you!

2. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

I bought a "Seagull" acoustic guitar gig bag off Amazon a few years ago - it is pretty well padded, though the padding at the very bottom (with the bag upright) is a little compressed since that is often how the guitar and bag "rest" between gigs.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G7F7L8

For the price vs protection, it works for me.

One of my bandmates uses a Mono case. More expensive, but better protection, I guess. Neither of us have had any kind of incident, since we hand carry our own instruments.

3. Gabby84

Gabby84 New Member

Thanks! I was looking at the Seagull, but was not sure whether the PRS would fit.