Gen Modcat Help

strat63

The Torture Never Stops
In general, the modcat on either the case, hang tag, or pickup cavity tells a lot about the specs of the guitar. Is there a way to determine the specs when the modcat just says gen? I haven't pulled the pickups yet but the case and hang tag indicate gen.

Can some one let me in on what this means? The guitar has kind of a weird mix of things and I want to verify what I have. Thanks!

We have to "build" a MODCAT for every single guitar and option we offer. If a production guitar falls outside of those standard parameters, instead of building a new modcat, we will simply give it a "Gen" modcat. Typically these guitars have non-standard pups, hardware or finish color.

We have to "build" a MODCAT for every single guitar and option we offer. If a production guitar falls outside of those standard parameters, instead of building a new modcat, we will simply give it a "Gen" modcat. Typically these guitars have non-standard pups, hardware or finish color.

Mine might be all of the above. What I'm trying to figure out is the neck wood. Not sure if it's IRW or BRW. Normally I would have checked the MODCAT but that's not going to help in this case. Is there a way to figure out some of the specifics? Thanks.

I'll get some pics posted when there is some natural light. The neck has some very nice grain to it..

Back