Fun little trip to Nashville

Bowtiefanatc

Confirmed Bird Snob
I was in Nashville earlier today for work and decided to stop into Carter Vintage Guitars. This place was incredible! Tons and tons of wonderful instruments young and old. The best part....not a locking hanger in sight! Here are some of the PRS’ I saw and noodled with us an extra cool one \m/. Enjoy!

U4db7rK.jpg

l3Ov13E.jpg

LPvaK6E.jpg

5YMlOKX.jpg

blVAxyo.jpg

7aOKfyX.jpg

Glad you liked Nashville, it's an alright place to be. I've played that Santana. It's incredible. Carter is strange because they usually don't price PRSi well/get the year identification correct. Otherwise it's a great store and a cool hangout.

Glad you liked Nashville, it's an alright place to be. I've played that Santana. It's incredible. Carter is strange because they usually don't price PRSi well/get the year identification correct. Otherwise it's a great store and a cool hangout.

You can definitely tell that they are much more vested in the vintage stuff. The ‘86 I posted was proper but I didn’t look too hard at the other stuff.

Gruhn's just down the road on 8th there had an 86 last time I was in there and it was also incredible. Amazing just how little the overall design has changed in almost 35 years. Nashville just isn't a PRS town. Like you said, everyone is all about vintage. One time I was at Gruhn's and they had a 94 custom 24 priced and listed as a 2004 custom 24.

That goldtop DGT at Carter though seems like it's a great deal.

Don't wanna stockpile on, but, yeah, last time I was down they had a DGT with 9's or 10's on it, that 11's would have remedied the playability immensely, so I tried to suggest this without sounding like a schmuck...don't know if they heeded the suggestion or not?? Definitely more invested in vintage...as the name implies. But the Santana plays niiiiice. The have a few guitars left from Ed King ( Skynyrd guitarist that just passed away)...73 $trat used for Sweet Home Alabama...that was cool. Oh, and a Trainwreck. Mmmmmmm

Back