First time owner of a PRS SE 245. Any advices/suggestion community?

coloccinjuanfran

Hello,

After many years of intermediate guitar playing I finally bought a PRS guitar. I'm very happy about my purchase and I'll like to know about any advices/comments and even mods regarding my new SE 245.

This is also my first post to this community.

Thanks y'all.

Welcome to the Forum!

Play the crap out of it. You don't need to make any changes for the time being. You will know after a month or two, if you want to tweak it or not. More often than not, people leave them stock :D

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your first PRS!!! I'd say leave it stock for now, just like Markie said, play the hell out of it and see how the guitar responds to you. When the SE's first came out, they were great platforms for modification, but now PRS has done such a great job with upgrading the electronics and hardware, most people don't mod them. Even the pro PRS artists like Zack Myers play them stock. Great guitars all around.

Last edited:
Congrats! Like Markie said, play the snot out of it and get to know it first, then worry about mods. You may find it's already an excellent fit.

Oh, and start saving - you're already on your way to #2!

i have a se 245. love it. after a few months i found some #7 pickups and slapped them in. the tone is now awesome. dont forget to play it to death before you decide on anything though

I think the first question you should ask is "What do I not like?" I wouldn't mod just to mod. Take your time and get to know the instrument.

Back