first real ride of the year

gush

Where is that speedo pic
Wife and I went on our first real motorcycle ride of the year. Perfect weather as we left home south to Fort Madison crossed the river into Illinois and followed river road south to Quincy Illinois. We then tooled around Missouri for a while then headed north back to Iowa. Looked like a storm was going to hit our area so we cut it short and headed for home. Great ride today. This is the summer of riding for our family. My son, wife, brother and myself are going to hit the dirt pretty hard this summer.

My son has graduated to an RM80 this year so my wife gets his old XR 80 to play with. My RM 250 is history so now I'm shopping. Have my eye on a KTM 250 right now.

I'm keeping my RF900 for now but I'm selling my beautiful ZX9R as soon as I get it cleaned up. I think we are going to purchase something more comfortable for the two of us to ride then send RF900 down the road.

This is going to ge a great summer!

Me too had my Ducati out for a 60 mile trip sad to say people this time of the year still don't pay attention to us, almost got nailed twice please be careful and look out for the bikers thanks.

Well my boulevard is still out of commission, but I'm buying a Victory Cross Country here in a couple weeks. Went for a nice demo ride, probably no more than 15 miles, but it was nice being in the wind again

Can't wait til I get to take it home instead of back to the dealership, but they need to order the color I want, hopefully I'll get it before Memorial Day, lol.

Cool! Victory makes a great bike hope you don't have to wait too long.

I assume bluesboy998 rides a 998 duc? I think the original 916 is the sexiest motorcycle ever.

Yes 916/998 look identical except my bike has 195 horses had it since 2002 love it.you be carefull out there

You be careful too brother. Oddly the only incident I've ever had was taking a turkey vulture to the face at 70mph.

80 degrees out here today. There were a lot of riders enjoying the road.

A turkey vulture at 70mph.....ouch.

I was wearing a helmet. Shattered faceshield, destroyed my glasses, a few fractures to facial bones, broken nose and broken tooth. Was able to stop not crash took ambulance ride to ER. Screwed up the entire day.

Yeah, one turkey vulture to the face can ruin the day...

Way to go with bringing the bike to a stop without scrapping along the ground.

Daaaamn, and I thought a hummingbird to the chest at 80 was bad... That would have seriously sucked! But you survived to tell a crazy story

We are bike shopping. I was going to post old bike new bike pics when we actually get a different bike.

Test drove a BMW K1200LT last night. Really nice machine but it had swingarm issues. Going to pass on it.

Oh and the vulture story gets better. I got stopped on the skunk river bridge and that's as far as I got. Two cars passed by me while I was kneeled downand bleeding. After 10 minutes about 6 bbicyclists passed me too they were training for ragbrai but I yelled for help and they came back. One was a doctor.

Three weeks later while settling in on day three of ragbrai they had taken pictures of the freak accident and were passing them around and talking about it. My mom and step dad were set up in a tent right next to them and overheard the conversation and realized they were talking about me. They gave my mom the pictures. Weird.

Back