First PRS

Detroitblues

Hi,
I'm new to the forum, so I'm looking to see if what I'm getting is the right choice. I've been offered a beautiful PRS Starla stop tail. I've been told it's the wide fat model. I'm a long time Heritage guitar fan, owning several over the years. However I've found none of them suite my tastes because they typically have thinner neck profiles. Last year I had an opportunity to play a 1956 Les Paul. The neck felt perfect in every way, I've read the Wide Fat neck profile maybe the neck for me. PRS has a reputation for flawless quality and immense tones. So despite the joy of just owning a PRS, what is the neck like?
Another question is, has anyone here compared the Starla S2 to any previous models? Any differences in tone, feel, or playability?
thanks in advance!

Hey and welcome to the forum. IMHO the WF neck is somewhere between a Gibson rounded 58 and a 60's slim taper neck. I have 2 Heritage h157's and their necks are flatter and not as round. Both the PRS WF and Pattern neck are like the perfect blend of width and thickness while still having a nice "ball" feel in the your palm. I would say try one out if you can first because necks are very much a personal choice. Hope this helps.... Happy hunting:)

Back