First NGD of 2024 but with a wrinkle... now all Smooooth!

Well now.
I have to say for me the setup as delivered was just about spot on.
Maybe the action is a fraction higher than I normally use but nothing I can even be bothered to adjust ATM.
I guess I can happily live with the "Mother of Countertop" birds tm @sergiodeblanc and the 3 way and push pull pot.
The pups...
Tbh, they are ok for now.
Sure they don't try and rip my face off like Dragons or original T&B but they are not completely insipid.
Just a little muted and laid back compared to majority of my other axes.
Definitely not a metal or hard rock sound right now but that can be changed if needed.
But I do really like the neck, I can put up with most necks although some are just more tiring to play for any length of time is what I find.
This is a pleasure and I can see me noodling on it for extended periods.

All in all a very happy camper for now.

Well now.
Maybe the action is a fraction higher than I normally use but nothing I can even be bothered to adjust ATM.
I guess I can happily live with the "Mother of Countertop" birds tm @sergiodeblanc and the 3 way and push pull pot.
The pups...
Sure they don't try and rip my face off like Dragons or original T&B but they are not completely insipid.
Definitely not a metal or hard rock sound right now but that can be changed if needed.
But I do really like the neck, I can put up with most necks although some are just more tiring to play for any length of time is what I find.

I dub thee… Kermitcaster

Well now.
The pups...

Nice!
Not going to be shocked if you pup/electronics swap, but yeah... That Pattern Vintage neck is a good one for me!
Glad to hear it's a positive look so far.

Missed this thread
Scenario sucks
Glad Reverb helped get you taken care of
Love the color!
Sweet as sweet!
Hope the food poisoning hasn’t lingered.
Thanks buddy, feeling much better this morning.
Couple cups of coffee and be ready to let rip in "Kermit".
Got to keep that name.

I dig the color. If you like the guitar then ask for a partial refund due to it not being “as advertised”. Or just enjoy it if you got a good deal. Personally I don’t see what is so special about an “anniversary” S2. I have two S2 24s and they are both great guitars!
You really gotta play one…

Back