Finicky Dandyism And Shiny Guitars

I am definitely not cool with Jane Fonda.....

You can ask, but no explanations will be forthcoming.

Dude - get over it.

She looks better than you in a leotard.

That's just the way it is.

I am definitely not cool with Jane Fonda.....

You can ask, but no explanations will be forthcoming.
I'm alright with you not being cool with Jane Fonda. There're a lot of celebrities that I have problems with, and I doubt my opinion of them make a hill of beans of difference to anyone, celebrity or otherwise.

She looks better than you in a leotard.

Too bad for her (and good for the both of us), good looks aren't enough.

I'm alright with you not being cool with Jane Fonda. There're a lot of celebrities that I have problems with, and I doubt my opinion of them make a hill of beans of difference to anyone, celebrity or otherwise.

This.

I didn't mention Jane Fonda, I mentioned Barbarella, a fictional character created in 1962 for comic books.

And I chose to use the name of the fictional character based on the fact that it rhymes with Salmonella, as in making a light joke out of the rhyme.

forestbbd3.gif

I'm not getting into another Tom Brady argument with you over something this ridiculous.

Last edited:
I didn't mention Jane Fonda, I mentioned Barbarella, a fictional character created in 1962 for comic books.

And I chose to use the name of the fictional character based on the fact that it rhymes with Salmonella, as in making a light joke out of the rhyme.

forestbbd3.gif

I'm not getting into another Tom Brady argument with you over something this ridiculous.

I got your joke, Les.
I was in the process of responding with my own joke when I went looking for a pic similar to the one you posted. My google search was flooded with images of Jane Fonda instead of what I was looking for.
I don't blame you for that or my reaction to it.
I had no intention, and still don't, of starting anything with anyone over it.
No one needs to agree with me about Jane Fonda, Tom Brady, or anyone else.
Neither discussion nor argument was invited nor intended on my part.
Hence the second sentence in my post.

HOWEVER, give me the courtesy to like and dislike the things I do for my own reasons. I promise to do the same for you and everyone else.
I did follow my own advice and voice my position on Ms Fonda without being cruel or snarky. I simply stated I'm not cool with her and that was meant to be the end of it.

I feel the same way about pea green guitars, beets, the designated hitter and 4way stop signs. But that doesn't mean I'm ready to enter in a protracted argument over any of them.

Last edited:
I take my Private Stock out and gig with it in dive bars. I beat on it at times. I am not trying to ding it up, but it is a tool and I am not going to hold back. I am not a collector. I'm a player. I also take a very nice Thorn out & my vintage SG. They are played on, sweat on & probably all have some beer on them. They don't always get wiped down. When I change the strings I will clean the fretboard. Usually don't clean anything else. My really clean guitars are the ones not getting played. Those are also the ones that will be sold or traded. Everyone has their own way of handling and caring for their guitars and I am not saying my way it the only way. I am just saying that I love playing guitar and when I play I jump around and fling my guitars around & they will eventually look like they've been played. I see those marks as battle scars & I love every one of them.

I take my Private Stock out and gig with it in dive bars. I beat on it at times. I am not trying to ding it up, but it is a tool and I am not going to hold back. I am not a collector. I'm a player. I also take a very nice Thorn out & my vintage SG. They are played on, sweat on & probably all have some beer on them. They don't always get wiped down. When I change the strings I will clean the fretboard. Usually don't clean anything else. My really clean guitars are the ones not getting played. Those are also the ones that will be sold or traded. Everyone has their own way of handling and caring for their guitars and I am not saying my way it the only way. I am just saying that I love playing guitar and when I play I jump around and fling my guitars around & they will eventually look like they've been played. I see those marks as battle scars & I love every one of them.
Amen. Now, I have to admit that I didn't put any of the battle scars on Mr. Clean (there are only 2 tiny dings) but it gets covered in blue pick dust, sweat, gravel dust, atomized beer spew, rain, etc. so while I can't claim to be as rambunctious as you on stage, it does get some serious loving. The real battle scars are on the Cu24 and I've grown to like them. No one really notices them but me. But everything only gets cleaned at string changes.

Well, I don't have battle scars on my guitars, but not because they don't get played.

They don't get battle scars because my gigs are in a studio where I'm usually the only one around, or maybe there'll be a client sitting there.

I make no apologies. I use 'em, they do what they're there to do, and for the most part I'd have to deliberately bang into something to ding them. I'm not that guy who intentionally relics his guitars, so I don't deliberately bang into things.

Now let's turn our talk to guitar chairs. I want a Sound Seat.

Great thread, a new twist on an age old discussion. Good stuff :)
I spec'd my PS to be played. Will I be more careful with it??? probably. I'll still play the crap out of it cause that's how I'm wired. I spec'd it with tone and gigging functionality in mind with the nicest looking wood I saw that day. I tone tapped necks for a good bit and even inquired about what I was hearing. I maintain my guitars but don't baby them. I'll be just fine after the first ding(which I'm sure I'll shed a quick tear over). When you play multi band gigs all the time, if you land in the middle band slots, time is at a premium. It's pretty hard to be anal about clean up on the spot in those situations. I will get blood on my sword. BLOOD WILL BE SHED!!! I won't have it any other way. ;)

Can't wait to see how it turns out Vaughn!

I feel the same way about pea green guitars, beets, the designated hitter and 4way stop signs. But that doesn't mean I'm ready to enter in a protracted argument over any of them.

I would argue with you about the four-way stop sign, but I'm not sure if it's my turn...

Back