Finicky Dandyism And Shiny Guitars

It's always the poster on your right...

This is the poster on my right...

hang-in-there-baby-kitten-poster.jpg

Mr. Schefman- you are ahead of me in race analogy- I was worse than you since I raced a $50K winged sprint car that could never be on the street. Heck, the thing did not even have a starter. Nicking an infield tire was at least $1K, so I relax with my guitars but I respect them and they end up very pristine.

But, PRS is going to reshoot the fish eye on the back from the earlier warranty work. It just bugged me. S2, Dark Cherry Burst

Mr. Schefman- you are ahead of me in race analogy- I was worse than you since I raced a $50K winged sprint car that could never be on the street. Heck, the thing did not even have a starter. Nicking an infield tire was at least $1K, so I relax with my guitars but I respect them and they end up very pristine.

But, PRS is going to reshoot the fish eye on the back from the earlier warranty work. It just bugged me. S2, Dark Cherry Burst

I'm with ya, use 'em, but treat 'em right, and make 'em as good as they can be.

I gig with my Custom 24 and 408. Got to. They're so well balanced, especially with a PRS leather strap, and of course they sound great. And I know they're cool and you don't see many players on stage use them. Maybe because they are too afraid to take them out. I remember one church gig I had. After the service another locally famous guitar player who happened to be there but who had never seen me play, came up to me and said "When I saw you up their with a PRS and a Boogie, I knew it was going to be good." That was cool.
In the studio and around the house they, along with all my other guitars are all on stands. I love looking at them and they "beckon" to be played. I would never keep my guitars in their cases, although I know that's the safest place for them.
I try to keep my guitars in excellent shape and I do get pissed if they get a chip or scratch, because 90% of the time someone else did it!

I gig with my Custom 24 and 408. Got to. They're so well balanced, especially with a PRS leather strap, and of course they sound great. And I know they're cool and you don't see many players on stage use them. Maybe because they are too afraid to take them out. I remember one church gig I had. After the service another locally famous guitar player who happened to be there but who had never seen me play, came up to me and said "When I saw you up their with a PRS and a Boogie, I knew it was going to be good." That was cool.
In the studio and around the house they, along with all my other guitars are all on stands. I love looking at them and they "beckon" to be played. I would never keep my guitars in their cases, although I know that's the safest place for them.
I try to keep my guitars in excellent shape and I do get pissed if they get a chip or scratch, because 90% of the time someone else did it!

I do keep 'em cased, because I''m that guy - but I think it's great that you play 'em out the way they were meant to be played.

After less than considerable thought, I find myself in that catagory. I just joined here last week and my most important to me post was about a ding I put in my McCarty after such a long period of ownership. When I think about it, NONE of my guitar are perfect, they all have an imperfection or worse. Heck, I have a 95 Amstd Strat that wore absolutely no poly on it's maple neck. It all chipped off, and Hawaii weather completed the project. Out for repair it went because rather than anal holding of it as perfect, I didn't want the weather to make the neck into a compound bow due to no protection. But the rest, they all have some story to tell. Heck, my beater 100 buck Washburn acoustic wears a fine tale of dings from both Texas where it lived for a while and Hawaii where it lives now the rest tell a story of too much fun and Budweiser ;-). Many, many parties and Kanika'pila or backyard party jam attests to it falling down, falling on rocks, baby hands, etc... I love it still.

After less than considerable thought, I find myself in that catagory. I just joined here last week and my most important to me post was about a ding I put in my McCarty after such a long period of ownership.

Nah, you play it and use it. The finicky dandies are the guys who are afraid to play them at all.

It's good to care about your guitar! For me, that's why the PTC is a great thing. Something happens - after all, something's always gonna happen - and you've got the option to have it repaired if it bugs you.

I probably wouldn't bother on an older guitar, but maybe I would if it was one that I loved dearly! But on my newer Private Stocks? I'm gonna keep them up to snuff just because. If a ding happens, I'm not gonna worry over it, but it will hit the PTC.

Back