Finally, my NGD!!!

Just to note both mine will have pattern thin neck - it's my choice by FAR. However there doesn't seem to be much love for them from purists (or maybe I'm talking BS).

Just to note both mine will have pattern thin neck - it's my choice by FAR. However there doesn't seem to be much love for them from purists (or maybe I'm talking BS).

I would say the Pattern Thin (Wide Thin) is the most loved of all PRS necks. W/F may be right up there with it Maybe somebody will do a poll. The W/T certainly has lots of fans, of which I am one. Most people can play either and be happy.

I love that guitar! Green guitars just sound better. :)

Curious as to why you chose Ebony over rosewood/maple?
Sorry for all the questions - just interested!

Lots of players love the Pattern Thin and Wide-Thin!!

I actually like all of the PRS neck carves, and have no trouble with any of them. But in any case, P-T is very popular.

As to the ebony fretboard, it feels slick and fast, and there's a crisp, bright attack to the note's ADSR envelope that gives the guitar a bright, articulate sound.

Thanks Andy - not sure if they sound better, but they look great!!!

AP, I can play WF as well but not the regular neck, it felt a bit uncomfortable, which is weird, I know!

Guitarman, I got maple and rosewood necks and I know how they feel/play, which I really like (both!), but I took one of my dad's violins and the ebony fingerboard was so pleasant that it had to be ebony. I feel it is less bright in terms of sound but smoother and faster to my fingers... And it also goes well with green?! ;)

Note: Les, I agree - just didn't know how to put it in English. My bright was more related to tone than to attack, not sure how to explain it!!!

Last edited:
Stunning guitar. Thats the way most APs use to look to me. Great to see them using wood like that again for APs. Beautiful!!!!

Stunning guitar. Thats the way most APs use to look to me. Great to see them using wood like that again for APs. Beautiful!!!!

Thanks Tag, that is what my dealer said when we opened the case for the first time. I would have thought that AP woods are a bit better than 10 tops in most of the cases but comments like yours may mean that I am wrong? Anyway, the specs that I wanted were only available in AP so hugely happy with it!

Thanks, Spikedog. I had a hard time deciding between a more classic woody finish and this one but everytime there was a jade guitar I couldn't take my eyes off of her, so that was the sign!

That's stunning! Glad it turned out to be everything you hoped! Congrats!

Thanks a lot, vchizzle, I truly can say that this guitar cover all my expectations! At some point I may go for a PS, but just to be able to specify all the details that I like. At the moment, extremely happy with my little greenie and the way it plays/sounds!

Thanks for the comment on the clip as well, a bit sloppy and far from perfect but you know, being the first time you play your prs is perhaps not the best moment for a video!!!

Each and every second!!! I can't believe you had any doubt about it!!

Have seen your YT videos and will save you the answer - that face says it all!

Whose face - my face!? Lol..

Still loving the look of yours - amazing... I didn't doubt you'd still be loving it! :D Just had to dig this thread up as it looks so good!

Whose face - my face!? Lol..

Still loving the look of yours - amazing... I didn't doubt you'd still be loving it! :D Just had to dig this thread up as it looks so good!

That look of joy and satisfaction, yes! :D Playing like that and going from one PRS to the other I would also be that happy!!!

I am so much in love with this guitar that I feel my objectivity when talking about her could easily be challenged.

I still find myself staring at those pictures and smiling like a child with a new toy! Soooo, thanks for keeping it alive!

A work of art. I love the colour green - I wish I had one like it!
Thanks for your comment!

Back