Finally, my NGD!!!

Sorry guitarman, I missed this one! I think they sound great, perhaps tweaking a few knobs helps but definitely not a reason to sell cheaper, in my opinion at least.

I play at home, not many chances to join a band and be regular at playing as my job used to be quite demanding (auditing)... Perhaps now that I've taken a new job!

The sound is mainly an axe fx through a wireless Bose speaker, but it sounds much much better through my monitors or just straight into a valve amp. The song begun as an impro over a YouTube backing track.

Thanks for your nice words, glad you like it but there's huge room for improvement! I just feel happy playing and that is kind of it for me :)

I thought your vid was excellent, come on, man!!

I can't tell you how envious I am, even though I just bought two myself lol... I would absolutely love a green one to go with my purple and orange ones (are we still talking about guitars lol?).

If you're interested, here's a link to my playing. I hope to add some PRS videos at some point:
http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?10903-My-stuff!

So how does the satin neck feel to you compared to normal lacquered necks? I started this thread and am awaiting answers lol:
http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?10899-Satin-Maple-Neck-Sealant

I've always loved satin necks and will soon have my second satin maple neck.. But satin rosewood looks absolutely lovely! I also love ebony fretboards - the perfect in-between between maple and rosewood. Supposedly difficult to re-fret so I'll only take it to the best IF it ever needs done. See here:
http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?10856-Anybody-had-a-re-fret-done-on-an-ebony-fretboard

The hybrid hardware and gold tuners (I assume it's only gold colouring?) look amazing..

Very, very impressed. Going to have to stop visiting this forum so much or I'll want more! Could it be possible that in several years' time even better looking PRS will come out? Hard to believe!

:) thanks Sergio, I am still checking eBay from time to time as per your advice! Someone tried to rip me off though, so I will have to be cautious!

Wow!!! I have checked a few of your videos and I am impressed! I don't think I will ever be able to play that fast but I can tell you that the satin rosewood feels faster than any lacquered neck I've played. Perhaps it is just dependant on how much you sweat but I feel it less sticky. You will love it, for sure!

This forum is addictive!! Not only because of the guitars but also because you can feel a very nice atmosphere all the time, even with the odd weirdo trying to irritate from time to time :) jokes apart, checking that PS Friday post is like a dose of weekly GAS!

Cheers, Tono - I almost studied music but went for engineering in the end. So music stays fun for me and I can almost afford these fine guitars lol. I used to be a speed freak but it's all about melody these days!

Enjoy ... I'll be showing pics of your guitar to all my friends here in Scotland!!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;169904 said:
That's one of the best quilts I've ever seen on a production guitar, regardless of the manufacturer.

+1:cheers:

Thanks everyone, I am very proud of owning such a beauty. I can only say thanks to PRS for making these guitars and to you for the nice words - it must be amazing to own one of those stables seen in this forum!!!

Wonder if Tono wakes up to it in his bed lol... ;D
Did yuo play a similar guitar prior to buying it? I bought mine "blind" but my other is similar so I'm sure it will play just as well, if not better.

You may have mentioned, but what is the neck profile? Pattern thin?

Last edited:
Hi guitarman,

I had a few alerts of comments being posted and make the most of a nice traffic jam to reply on my way to the office :) I could certainly spend part of my day here, though!

I did play a few PRSs before, mainly to decide on neck (pattern thin suited my playing/hand size better than I expected, so I went for it instead of a more 'sustained' fat neck) and also to confirm my thoughts on pick ups (differences were very noticeable but I guess so dependant on amps/gear that I had to try five different amps to get a clear view as to what I wanted). Hfs/vb were closer to my initial preference and complemented my other guitars, which are a bit 'colder' in terms of output.

My suggestion on necks is to give it a good go before deciding, I changed my preference after doing so because I just could not play comfortably with a fatter neck.

Back