fight nite at the strah

hey guys, hope everyone is well.

well another really weird nite ... i will preface my comments with the fact that i have had copious amounts of beer and a little "puffy" stuff that i very seldom engage in.

down to my country dive, another fight, cops all over the place. i don't understand why these twenty something guys wan't to fight me all the time. i guess it's because i have a couple of "man rules". i'm not a big guy, but if u touch me with the intent of trying to intimidate or hurt me, i'm going to drop you. i'm 63 ****in' years old ... i still have no fear and a little moxie, but i don't get it.

anywho, came home, listened to "help me" by mckenna, mendolson mainline. i think it was recorded in 1969. first electric blues song i learned (kinda). mike mckenna taught me most of it, but it opened so many doors for me. i know no one will bother, but u can check it out on "grooveshark". gotta have a few beer and play it really loud to appreciate it.

most guys don't realize how absolutely primitive the technology was back then. in my home, we had a b/w tv, a combo reel-to-reel, phonograph and radio the size of three ****in' houses along with a black dialtone phone on some kind of furniture thing. got five channels on the tv and that's only because we lived right on the scarborough bluffs and got the three networks from buffalo.

just an old man ranting ... like BD says ..."when you ain't got nothin', you got nothin' to lose".

Last edited:
hey guys, hope everyone is well.

well another really weird nite ... i will preface my comments with the fact that i have had copious amounts of beer and a little "puffy" stuff that i very seldom engage in.

down to my country dive, another fight, cops all over the place. i don't understand why these twenty something guys wan't to fight me all the time. i guess it's because i have a couple of "man rules". i'm not a big guy, but if u touch me with the intent of trying to intimidate or hurt me, i'm going to drop you. i'm 63 ****in' years old ... i still have no fear and a little moxie, but i don't get it.

anywho, came home, listened to "help me" by mckenna, mendolson mainline. i think it was recorded in 1969. first electric blues song i learned (kinda). mike mckenna taught me most of it, but it opened so many doors for me. i know no one will bother, but u can check it out on "grooveshark". gotta have a few beer and play it really loud to appreciate it.

most guys don't realize how absolutely primitive the technology was back then. in my home, we had a b/w tv, a combo reel-to-reel, phonograph and radio the size of three ****in' houses along with a black dialtone phone on some kind of furniture thing. got five channels on the tv and that's only because we lived right on the scarborough bluffs and got the three networks from buffalo.

just an old man ranting ... like BD says ..."when you ain't got nothin', you got nothin' to lose".

Dude instead of quoting BD, you should listen to and quote Bad Brains.

Back