Exclusive PRS Players?

I only play PRS guitars, and I have only ever played and owned PRS guitars. My first electric guitar was a slightly used 1994 CE24, which I bought in November of 1995 from E. U. Wurlitzer on Mass Ave. in Boston. I was seventeen at the time, and I spent every last dime of my life's savings on it, with some extra help from my parents ($1100.) How did it happen that a seventeen year old kid's first electric guitar was a PRS? I had played strictly acoustic guitar up until that point, only ever playing an electric when I was using someone else's. I never could jive with any of the Fenders, Ibanezes, or Gibsons that I had tried. I honestly just thought that I was destined to be an acoustic player. Then I played someone's guitar, the type of which I had never seen before. It was a PRS CE24. I knew nothing about guitars whatsoever at the time, nothing about brands, prices, the market, who played what-- nothing. All I knew was that it was the first electric guitar that I had ever played that "fit." It had a bounce to the way it played. It had locking tuners, so it actually stayed in tune (profound at the time.) And I said to myself "whenever I finally get an electric guitar, it will be one of THESE."

The rest is history. I still play that guitar to this day, and ended up getting a job working for PRS right out of college, which was an amazing experience.

I've been playing all different guitars since the late 80's. You name it.
I found PRS in the mid 90's; but still had a few others, and always bounced back and fourth.
Now I'm exclusive to PRS.
Took many years to figure it out but I am fully satisfied.

which I bought in November of 1995 from E. U. Wurlitzer on Mass Ave. in Boston.

Good old E. U. Wurlitzer! I bought a Gibson ES-175D from them, new, back in 1980 when the shop was around the corner on Newbury St.

Speaking of ES-175Ds, I just bought a birth-year (1958) version. My dream guitar since I was 15 and a huge Steve Howe fan. I owned the 1980 for about 10 years, but it was one of those guitars you would use as an example of how much Gibson had declined in the Norlin era. The 1958 I just bought embarrasses the 1980 in every possible way.

Which is a big part of what opened up the market for PRS in the mid-1980s. :)

Which is a big part of what opened up the market for PRS in the mid-1980s. :)

CBS and Norlin had a big part in creating the "vintage" guitar market, too, by making older guitars more desirable than newer ones.

The only guitars around from my birth year are in museums.

This, variety is the spice of life.

Hey, I'm spicy. When I want variety, I play the piano.

Back