Ever notice PRS hate on other forums??

Hi John,
I'll tell you, I am a computer technician and musician for fun with historical friends, I never intended to take a guitar as a status symbol otherwise, as you rightly said, I would have taken a Gibson (here in my country it cost 100 euros more than the PRS), I precisely preferred a PRS for the high quality of construction that they have always had compared to competitors, and I repeat, my first guitar is and remains the PRS Hollowbody standard fire red, having said that I have noticed over time that their quality is falling apart, and I say this with regret and with the hope that someone cares about the quality control of the instruments in a more pronounced way than has been done in recent years.

TGP is great for these PRS hate threads.. it's always the same silly comments people are parroting what others have said. Sterile sounding, overly gaudy tops, too expensive... but when Iook at other guitar manufacturers, their guitars are now just as expensive or more than PRS. Gibson has plenty $10k guitars with 'gaudy' tops but you don't see the hate for Gibson.

It's just jealousy.

I don't care.. more for me.
That’s a very diverse group of folks over at TGP. Some are very knowledgeable and experienced. Others not so much. And a few can be pretty obnoxious. Kind of like the entire country.

Brand bashing happens on every guitar forum I've ever been on, including here. I do my best not to get in arguments online when I'm not going to change anyone's mind anyway. If someone thinks every PRS is sterile with a pretty top, every Gibson has QC issues, or every Fender is an overpriced partsocaster, why both engaging? Just wasted mental energy if you ask me.

I always give a like on NGD posts even if I'm not into the guitar because there is no point crapping on happiness. Bad karma. Of course, I love the original McCarty pickups and think the Telecaster was perfected in 1951, so what do I know?
You’re not wrong!

Anything good is often hated on forums. Never take TGP (TheGearPage) or that one Telecaster forum seriously. Heck, even the Seymour Duncan forums. Too much drama.

Also, I noticed whenever I would mention a specific band or guitarist on any of those three forums, that band or musician would get torn to shreds. I wish I could say it was how I wrote a post or presented them but there's just too many clowns

Why let it bother you?
You would be surprised at just how much little stuff like this haunts the hearts of people who consider themselves fans though.

I understand the criticisms such as "PRS doesn't put out the same quality as they did 5 years ago", this type of criticism is warranted. Or when PRS exclusive users claim the Silver Sky is better than a strat, they are pretty much trolling the basic Fender community. As we know that isn't really true.

However, I can't stand when people hate on any company, band or whatever without a real reason or just for something so petty that it no longer validates a real discussion. It just becomes annoying.

PRS makes good stuff despite all the negative. My first PRS is the Santana SE that I got myself for Christmas. I liked it so much I ordered the Purple Valley Silver Sky SE Maple version which I haven't opened yet because I don't like my guitars sitting around in gig bags *I'm ordering a hardcase for it soon, then I'll finally inbox the sucker!*

You would be surprised at just how much little stuff like this haunts the hearts of people who consider themselves fans though.

I understand the criticisms such as "PRS doesn't put out the same quality as they did 5 years ago", this type of criticism is warranted. Or when PRS exclusive users claim the Silver Sky is better than a strat, they are pretty much trolling the basic Fender community. As we know that isn't really true.

However, I can't stand when people hate on any company, band or whatever without a real reason or just for something so petty that it no longer validates a real discussion. It just becomes annoying.

PRS makes good stuff despite all the negative. My first PRS is the Santana SE that I got myself for Christmas. I liked it so much I ordered the Purple Valley Silver Sky SE Maple version which I haven't opened yet because I don't like my guitars sitting around in gig bags *I'm ordering a hardcase for it soon, then I'll finally inbox the sucker!*

No offense intended here... but how the heck have you not unboxed that SS? :oops:

I received my first core PRS less that 2 weeks ago, and it had been really cold here in Colorado. I had to leave the house all day so as to not be tempted to open up the case before the guitar could warm back up. :D

Then again, I AM sort of a giant kid still, and lack a certain amount of discipline. :cool:

No offense intended here... but how the heck have you not unboxed that SS? :oops:

I received my first core PRS less that 2 weeks ago, and it had been really cold here in Colorado. I had to leave the house all day so as to not be tempted to open up the case before the guitar could warm back up. :D

Then again, I AM sort of a giant kid still, and lack a certain amount of discipline. :cool:
You're good! :p

Its just that I'm in northern Michigan, we recently lost power for 2 and a half days, wherewhince the temp went down from 73 to 40 within the first night then when the power came back, of course it heated up rather quickly. I don't have a hard case for it yet so I'm afraid. Also not alot of room where my guitars are stored lol

Truth be told, it's very easy to get sucked into a debate over what, who, or where is better. The question is, why should anyone empirically state that one guitar is better than another? (The "My Dad can beat up your Dad" mindset). Reasons to not engage in debate: 1. It's juvenile and immature. 2. It's discriminating and biased. 3. Debates, when based on ignorance, invariably leads to contentiousness and verbal pugilism.

There. If you still feel compelled to infinitely and empirically state one guitar is better than another, or one guitar sucks donkey balls compared to your Rolex guitar, realize that the basis for the discussion is a lack of humility and need to justify one's bias.

One of the beautiful things about life is that it is comprised of diversity and variety. Because bias blinds people to beauty, all the biased person sees is their own negative attitude until someone suggests looking at the bigger picture, and stepping back to see it more clearly.

Back